Chapter Ten: Wolfs Bane (Part 1)

Chapter Song: It's All So Incredibly Loud by Glass Animals

☾☾☾

"Not that I'm totally against being arrested, but, I'd rather not spend the rest of my teenage years in a jail cell!" I cried from the back seat of Derek's Camaro, my knuckles turning ghostly white as I gripped the leather. 

It would have made more sense if Derek had been driving the car, or even if it were a normal hour of the day. But Scott was the one in the drivers seat barreling the sports car down the empty streets of Beacon Hills as the clock ticked past 1:00 AM and Derek was no where to be found. All we knew if that we needed to go rescue him from hunters. 

Stiles had been dragged into the car with hardly an explanation as well. He chewed his finger nails as he whipped around in the passenger seat, glaring at the car trailing closely behind us. 

"I think you need to worry about the hunters killing us instead of arresting us." Stiles huffed, throwing his hands up in exasperation. Scott's eyes flickered to the rearview mirror, noticing how close the car was getting. 

"Faster?" Scott asked with worry laced in his tone. 

"Much faster." Stiles agreed. My body was thrown back into the leather seat as Scott crashed his foot against the gas pedal, accelerating us forward. 

"Scott!" I screeched, clawing at the back of Stiles' seat.

"Oh my God, I can't help it! I drive a bike, not a sports car! Do you want to drive?" Scott cried sarcastically.

"I wouldn't exactly be opposed!" I spat back.

"Oh my God can we please have these lovely McCall sibling arguments when we're not getting run down?" Stiles spat. 

"Whatever." Scott and I muttered simultaneously. It didn't take much longer for Scott to slow down once again, fearing the power of the cars own engine as he eased his foot on the pedal. 

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase here." Stiles noted.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott stated. I twisted around in my seat to see the green Kia inching dangerously close to our bumper.

"Scott, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" I suggested. 

"What happened to you complaining I was going to fast?" 

"When do you ever listen to me? Go, go, go!" I urged. Scott squeezed his lips together and punched his foot onto the gas once again, sending all of us slamming back into our seats. The speedometer of the car went from sixty, past seventy, and quickly approached one hundred. My hands grasped tightly onto the back of Stiles' seat for dear life as Scott sharply turned the car down several roads. The seatbelt strained itself against my body as I was shifted around with the car. My stomach churned as nausea rolled through my body. I knew if I didn't get killed in this car, Derek would for sure kill me if I puked on his seats. 

"They're gone." Stiles sighed in relief as the car slowed down again. A communal sigh of relief echoed in the car. Before any of us could make a move, the static on the police scanner Stiles had "borrowed" from his dad began screeching. The three of us jumped, startled by the sudden noise. 

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." Sherriff Stilinski alerted over the scanner. Scott blankly looked at us, waiting for a directive. 

"You heard him!" I urged Scott.

☾☾☾

Scott slowed the car down as Derek came into view as we entered the Iron Works. The Bets was hiding behind a column protecting himself as bullets were being shot off in his direction. Stiles quickly rolled down the window, catching Derek's attention.