Chapter 19: Abomination (Part 1)

Chapter Nineteen: Abomination (Part 1)

Chapter Song: Blue by The Neighborhood

My bare feet pattered along on cold cement. I hadn't had a clue of where I was walking, but I felt the urge that I was going somewhere. My head was down, vision glued on my steps. My feet finally stopped as they stood on a ceramic tile with the number 8 on it—it was a depth marker. My toes hung over the edge as water reflected below me. I finally looked up—staring at the vast indoor pool ahead of me. It was the high school pool the swim team used for practice all the time. I cocked my head, wondering why I was here, and more importantly, how exactly I got there.

"Hayley." A familiar voice said over the loud speakers. My head jerked around for the voices' source. "Hayley wake up."

I gasped awake to find Scott's hands wrapped against my shoulders, shaking me awake. In a panic, my eyes darted around to find myself back in my room. The lights were still on and I was still clad in todays clothes, an open text book laying beside me. I must had fallen asleep while finishing Finstock's homework. I looked back to Scott, still dazed from my dream. 

"You okay?" He asked cautiously, his thick brows furrowing as he noticed something seemed off. 

"Weird dream." I shook it off and sat up. "What's going on?" I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Mom just gave us the keys. We've got to go."

"Scott it's like ten o'clock I'm not in the mood for an adventure right now." I squirmed, seeing the guilty look on Scott's face.

"Something happened with Stiles." He admitted. Immediately, I could feel my face go numb. 

☾☾☾

Scott pulled the beat up Camry into 'Armor Tire Service Center' in downtown Beacon Hills. Dozens of police cars and ambulances' filled the parking lot, their lights blindingly strobing red and blue in the dark night. Cops and medics were crawling the place, a morbid look passing across all their features. My breath became shaky as a coroner team rolled out a gurney with a bloody sheet draped over it. I cringed, focusing my vision to the rain drops falling against the windshield. Just be thankful it wasn't Stiles, I chanted.

"Did Derek's Beta's do this?" An uneasy feeling rose in the pit of my stomach as I asked the dreaded question. Scott began chewing on his bottom lip, his tell tale sign of nervousness.

"Stiles...he saw something." Scott began, looking everywhere but at me.

"Does he know what it was?" I asked.

"No...and I don't either." Scott paused, fiddling with his hands. I looked over to my brother, confused at how he knew what Stiles had seen. "The night of the full moon when Allison and I were in Isaac's house, we saw this—this thing."

"Thing? What kind of thing?"

"It had scales and a tail. It wasn't like me, not even close. I've never seen it before." Scott finally had the courage to look at me.

"And you just thought of telling me about this now?"

"I didn't want to bother you after what happened that night." Scott shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

"Seriously, Scott? I trust you to tell me things. Especially if it's a threat."

"I know, but—"

"You knew I was pissed when Derek hid Jackson from us, so why'd you hide this?"

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to protect you." Scott sighed, his attention focusing off me and out the window where Stiles' silhouette was approaching the car. Instead of answering Scott that it was okay and I'd drop it, I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the car door, getting out so Stiles' could take the front seat.