Chapter Twenty Two: Frenemy

Chapter Song: Daylight by David Kushner

☾☾☾

The neighborhood was illuminated with red and blue strobing lights as a couple of Beacon Hills police officers hovered in the McCall driveway. The majority of the neighborhood stood outside, watching with intent as Sheriff Stilinski stood at the front door. 

"False alarm, I promise." I repeated for the umpteenth time putting my hands up in defeat. The Sheriff rose a brow, not believing a word that came out of my mouth. "I promise!" I continued, anxious for the cops to leave.  

"Are you sure you don't want us to look in the house?" The Sherriff questioned as I kept a defensive stance in front of the front door.

"Yup!"

"Hayley..." Stilinski sighed. 

"I promise. Really. Scott lost his keys and tried climbing through a window. Thought it was someone trying to break in."

"And where is Scott now?" He asked. I shrugged. 

"He went out...but he did bring a key." I added with a smile. Stilinski sighed once more, waiving his hand behind him and calling his officers off. 

"You'd tell me if there was something wrong, right?"

"You'd be the first one I'd call." 

"Alright, kiddo." Sherriff Stilinski patted his hand on my uptight shoulder. "Call me if you need anything." I nodded in response. Sherriff Stilinski made his way back to his car as the other officers drove off. As he reached the end of the driveway he paused, his head cocking as he took a long glance at the Porsche parked beside the mailbox. There was no doubt he knew who it belonged to —there was a limited amount of people in Beacon Hills that had such fancy cars. And they all belonged to the Whitmore family. Sherriff Stilinski briefly turned around and opened his mouth but soon decided to not question anything. He walked off to his patrol car, finally driving off. Once his car disappeared down the street, I quickly rushed to the Porsche, hopping in and speeding off towards downtown.  

☾☾☾

"He came to a club?" I questioned in disbelief as I stood in the side ally of Jungle. "He's on a killing spree and he came to a club?"

"Danny's here." Scott alerted.

"What the hell would Jackson want with Danny as the Kanima?" 

"I'm guessing to maim and kill. But that's only a guess." Stiles suggested. I glared at the teen, not in the mood for his jokes. Stiles ignored my stare as he jiggled the side door beside us only to find it locked. 

"Okay...maybe there's like a window we can climb in. Or some kind of..." Stiles paused as Scott handed him a hunk of metal. It took us a moment to realize it was the door handle. "...handle we could rip off with supernatural strength. How did I not think of that one?" Stiles sighed as Scott made his way into the club. The two of us quickly followed behind, a cloud of fog and the smell of cigarettes hitting us like a brick. Strobe lights flickered around the room and reflected off the multiple disco balls hanging from the ceiling, sending hazy dots across my vision. Shirtless men danced on platforms and twirled around polls. They were everywhere. Literally everywhere. In fact, I began to notice I was the only girl in here. 

"Dude, everyone in here's a dude. I think we're in a gay club." Scott realized as he stared in amazement at the men twirling on a poll. 

"Man, nothing gets past those keen werewolf senses huh Scott?" Stiles stated, unamused as a group of drag queens had their hands all over him.