Chapter Eleven: Wolfs Bane (Part 2)

Chapter Ten: Wolfs Bane (Part 2)

Chapter Song: Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde 

☾☾☾

My breath hitched in my throat as time stopped. Nothing felt real, it was if a nightmare was slowly unfolding before my eyes. 

It was laughable that we accused my mom of being the Alpha. She was just another pawn in the Alpha's game. And that was easy to see as the Alpha himself, an alive and well Peter Hale, stood before me looking more than satisfied with how the outcome of this situation would turn out to be. 

My body was overtaken with paralyzing fear as my eyes locked with the half burned man before me. He could smell the terror and cold sweat rolling off of me. He could hear the pounding of my heart beating rattling in my chest, something that caused his lips to curl up in a bone chilling smirk. His cold gaze sent shivers down my spine. Stiles latched onto my forearm and began to pull me in the opposite direction, only for us to be immediately stopped in our tracks when a red headed nurse—Peter's nurse—stood mere feet away from us. She cocked her head, a wicked look forming in her green eyes.

"What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over." She sneered, her voice laced with venom. She knew. She had the whole time. We turned back to look at Peter, who held the same satisfied grin on his lips. 

"You...and him...you're the one...and he's the? Oh my god, we're gonna die." Stiles hyperventilated.

"Stiles, run." I finally managed to spit out. My hand balled into a fist, mentally preparing myself to let Stiles make a break for it while I lost a fight to the Alpha and his side kick. "Go!" I demanded louder when Stiles had failed to move an inch. As Stiles made his move to run, a spine chilling crunch came from behind us. We whipped around, finding Peter's nurse lying on the ground, blood dripping out of her nose, with Derek standing in her place.

"That's not nice, she's my nurse." Peter calmly chided.

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people. Get out of the way." Derek ordered in a breath.

"Ah, damn." Stiles heaved, realizing what was about to unfold. Stiles yanked on my wrist and the two of us slipped away.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family?" Peter questioned, taking strides towards Derek, his eyes gleaming an electric blue. Derek roared, jumping and kicking off a wall in front of him to attack Peter. Stiles and I dropped to the ground and quickly began crawling away. Peter easily caught Derek and slammed him into a wall, carelessly tossing him to the ground. As I quickly crawled to follow Stiles towards our shelter of the receptions desk, I felt myself being yanked by the back of my shirt. My body left the ground for a split second only to be thrown against a wall. I cried out  as the back of my head slammed against the firm drywall. Through the stars dancing across my vision, I could see Stiles' head peaking out from behind the reception desk, his eyes wide with fear.

"Stiles, go!" I yelled. Peter peaked over his shoulder, flashing a toothy smile to the teen that screamed Stiles was next. Stiles eyes grew large as he struggled to find words to disagree with me.

"Hay—"

"Go!" I screamed. I quickly lifted my foot up and shoved it until the heel of my boot came in contact with Peter's groin. The Alpha hissed, doubling over in pain. Although reluctant, Stiles took advantage of Peter's distraction and he scurried up from the floor and sprinted out of the hospital. Relief washed over me to know he was safe for the time being., 

"This ones got some spark in her, doesn't she?" Peter laughed through the pain. I quickly scooted myself away from him, rushing over to hide behind the reception desk. I shoved my back up against the metal drawers, catching my breath as I listened in to see if Peter was coming. Instead, all I could hear was Derek struggling. I peered around the corner of the desk only to watch Peter's hand wrap around Derek's throat. Derek clawed at Peter's grasp, trying the best he could to pry his uncles hands off. To his dismay, they stayed latched on as Peter began dragging him across the hall towards the unconscious, possibly dead, nurse.