1. Steady progress

A deeper day, a longer grown shadow
The sun is setting in the distance
I guess I'm wandering in the dark
Am I trapped in here?
The place that is still breathing
I have to get closer to that place

A deeper day, a longer grown shadow The sun is setting in the distance I guess I'm wandering in the dark Am I trapped in here? The place that is still breathing I have to get closer to that place

Every day you seem too far away
Every time you do, I tell myself
I'm waiting right here
Every night I see you in my heart
Every time I do, I end up crying
When I call you in the darkness

Sempiternal: Contaminated 

"Careful... careful..."

They press the rail into place and deeming it sufficiently aligned, they step back, panting and causing cold mist to come out of their mouths. They wave their hand, causing Cheongsa to slow the train into gear. Moving forward over the rail in poor condition, but able to withstand in a slow gear. The doors are opened, allowing Namjoon, Jungkook, Taehyung, Jin, two boys and four girls to board.

Once inside, they take off their hoods and the huge coats that protected them from the polar cold outside. The closer they get to Chuncheon, the worse the weather gets. More frigid and merciless. Jungkook shakes his head and laughs at Taehyung's wrinkled face.

Namjoon rubs his head with his hand, looking in that direction. Jungkook hasn't spoken to him all this time. Beyond the necessary like asking for some plan of action. Other than that, the last thing they've talked about was him blaming him for Jimin's death.

Or abandoning him. He never says "death."

"I caught a glimpse of a sign" Yoongi notifies catching Namjoon's attention. "It's still many miles to Chuncheon, but if we keep going at this pace, it'll be a matter of watching the scenery go by. We've made quite a bit of progress these past few weeks."

"And if my geography isn't going badly, we'll be near a small town in a few days" Jin reports with a smile. "We'll be able to go down to get more clothes and supplies. We need a new electric stove and medicine too."

"It would be spectacular if a box fell from the sky for us." comments Hoseok pouting.

"We need dog food. What Holy is doing these days...it's worse than radioactive waste."

"Monie's like that too," laments Namjoon with his hands on his hips and an exhausted sigh. "Gotta write down what we need to go get it when we get to the station."

Despite the estrangement between Jungkook, Taehyung and the four seniors, there have been no problems. They are a group that gets along quite well even among strangers. They help each other as needed and talk to each other a lot. Not only about past life, but also about aspirations, plans for the future. It is a relaxed and happy coexistence.

~ * * * ~

"You're not going to record here?"

"No. I think people would look at me ugly if I start recording in here."