6. Growing herd

"Why did you go out at night? Are you crazy? What was going through your head?" scolds Jin as soon as Jungkook wakes up. The younger one gives a yawn and shrinks into the huge pile of blankets he was given. Already his lips resumed a more natural, healthy color. Jungkook shakes a little and looks up at Jin with an irritated expression.

"Nothing happened to me and I brought a box. What would be the problem with what I did?" grumbles Jungkook, grumpily. He wants to sleep for a while longer. He can't feel his legs at all. The boots left him half dead. More than the night without a good sleep.

Or rather, having had more tiredness than usual that makes him need even more rest that he possibly won't get.

"YOU WENT OUT! ALONE!" shrieks Jin hysterically and annoyed that Jungkook is taking it so lightly. "DON'T EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS AGAIN! EVER!"

"What-a-drama!" Jungkook grumbles under his breath, covering his ears. "I just went, took some stuff and it's good why don't you just see the good part and be done with it?" grumbles Jungkook settling back to sleep. Yoongi scrunches the bridge of his nose.

Just when it seemed like Jungkook had stopped being so impertinent, it turns out they were wrong like never before. He's unmanageable and insufferable at this point. Keep Jin from going off on him, who knows how that situation will turn out. Hoseok and Taehyung continue their review of the contents of the box.

"Didn't it have any letters?" asks Namjoon quizzically. "The last two times it did."

"I left it lying around. I wasn't interested."

Namjoon wants to strangle him. Taehyung whistles waving the guns in his hands. They are quite small, but crude. They are also light unlike others he has been able to hold. They sent a lot of bullets, food, but the strangest thing is the insane amount of clothing. They are ugly, heavy suits of dense fabric.

"Why would they have sent that? It's not exactly winter clothes." scoffs the model. Hoseok pulls out the paper between one of the jackets.

"Uniforms with bite resistance. This fabric has been manufactured for the purpose of being worn by fighters or resource gatherers" Hoseok reads aloud. "Also so by people unable to resist the virus and having a need to go outdoors. The Korean government and its allies have decided to cooperate in the overall defense by reliable defense. Use freely. Maintain respectful and primary use to non-immune people."

"Will it really resist bites?" Taehyung questions in amazement.

"It's quite thick. It's a strong possibility," opines Hoseok. "What I imagine is that after a certain amount of use, the fabric will give way."

"We'll have to test it at some point, I guess" grumbles Namjoon. "I want that damn letter. It may have some important notice on it" he complains scratching behind his head. "Let's go look-"

They are silent. Someone knocks on the glass of the train. It is very suspicious. Taehyung loads one of the guns and tosses it to Namjoon, who directs Cheongsa to open the door. He immediately takes aim and what he finds is not quite what he expected. He lowers the gun and an uncomfortable smile appears on his face.

Oh... no...

"Yes they are people! I told you Noona!"

"D-don't talk so loud Jinri, remember what we talked about."

The awkward and tense gesture is joined by Jin, Hoseok and Yoongi. There are twenty boys accompanied by a girl around seventeen years old. They can tell she's freezing, but the kids look pretty good. She awkwardly greets and bows after a few seconds of processing.

"I'm Kim Mi-Suk, it's a pleasure to meet you all." She straightens up and pushes back her hair.

"Likewise," Namjoon replies tensely. "Is something wrong...do you want...something...?" he asks unsure of what he should say in this situation."