25. Fallen from the sky and in tune

"He has the same symptoms as Namjoon."

"Most likely he needs the same operation."

"Haven't you wondered what really happened to make that happen to him?" asks Taehyung quietly, giving occasional glances towards the group who are arguing lightly as to what to do. Whether to accept the offer or leave. Taehyung is confident that they won't be a threat in the long run if they leave.

However, they need people like them. Remarkably good, not to say strong and capable people. If they have all this time on the outside and so complete, they surely know how to protect themselves. Therefore, they are more useful than the people they currently have. More independent.

"It just occurs to me that he started to accumulate blood from the blows he took" Jungkook mutters, crossing his arms. "Remember Junghwa punched and kicked Namjoon in the chest a lot. Maybe something exploded inside him and started forming that ball there.

"Could be," agrees Taehyung. "They don't look so bad" he opines taking another look. "They don't look like they came from the best place, but at least they're not without anything missing."

"Hopefully they just ran into an annoying group and got away. Just like us."

"What about the bombs?"

"That we can ask later."

Seonghwa is the one who approaches and immediately, Jungkook and Taehyung feel the same impression as being with Jin. Therefore, he must be the one the leader trusts the most. He still does not get up from the floor. Hongjoong is sweating profusely, suffering from chills; pale as the dead, hair wet and unable to breathe without Jongho helping him with a small oxygen mask; connected to a plastic pump that squeezes every time Hongjoong inhales.

"Do you have a doctor?" asks Seonghwa with pursed lips and uneasiness welling up in him.

"Yes. We have two," replies Jungkook. "Actually, Namjoon, our leader, had such a problem" he points to Hongjoong and both Seonghwa and San look surprised. "Did he get beaten up, did something bad happen?"

"We had... some trouble on the way here. With another group... Hongjoong had a bad time" he replies tersely and Jungkook takes it for granted that's what it is: he was beaten so badly that his lungs are clogging up with clotted blood. If he's still alive, it's because he's immune and healing fast enough. "He's been like this for three weeks. We hid here to try to help him, but he's not getting better."

"He has a solution, he has to be operated on. Blood is building up in his lungs and in the long run it could kill him" explains Taehyung and there is panic in the other seven, Hongjoong can't even hear them talking. "We are a day away from here. If we use any cars, we'll get there soon."

"We-we won't-"

"If you decide to stay with us you should just help with the usual. Fetch food, keep watch, look after children. Whatever you want once you're there," Jungkook reports. It is obvious that fear assailed them as to how to repay such a large debt as an operation. It would take medical resources, time, space, everything! "We have accepted many people already. It's okay. We don't bite." he assures smiling. He wrinkles his nose and Wooyoung pulls Seonghwa by the arm.

"Let's go with them."

"Wooyoung." he replies quietly and mumbles.

"When else are we going to get a chance like this?!" argues Wooyoung in exasperation. "We know who they are! They're also telling us what Hongjoong has!" Yeosang shakes his head, it's a point. "And they're asking us what anyone would ask us. We're not going to survive out here alone." A half-weepy note escapes him.