16. Repair work

Taehyung stands up when he sees Jin and Namjoon enter the hospital. Jin turns away, Taehyung furrows his eyebrows. Did something happen and did they fight? It's the most feasible considering Namjoon's exhausted face. When he and Jin fight, it means trouble for everyone around him.

"Did something happen or...?" tenses the model and Namjoon shakes his head.

"Nothing he doesn't have to talk about," Namjoon replies. "Tomorrow we'll go to school number two. It's the one we think best after giving it a spin." Taehyung pouts.

"I thought we'd go to number one."

"The pipes don't work well. The walls were too wet" Namjoon reports with some regret of his disappointment. "Though I think we can use it anyway. Being so close. It might work for keeping watch. If that makes you feel a little better."

"Not really, but it's something" Taehyung shrugs and pouts. "Namjoon..."

"Ummm?"

"I'm glad you're awake. I missed you so much." Taehyung smiles pitifully and Namjoon gets embarrassed. He squeezes his eyes and smile. Taehyung saying that wearing huge clothes and with Yeontan in his arms is too cute an image.

~ * * * ~

The place itself was a private school. Huge, three floors, two huge gardens, a dining hall annex building. The classrooms are quite large, as is the infirmary. Many of the students' and teachers' belongings were left behind. Including the cars and their gas. There are almost no traces of blood, they barely saw a dead body.

It was evacuated in a hurry and before a misfortune happened. Someone came to hide here, but it didn't go so well. It also has an area that was under construction. Namjoon considers it one of the best parts: they have materials to build with. They are not experts at all, but using that to fortify some areas would help to avoid that, if any horde comes through, they won't have to be so worried.

Nor of losing defense because some of the surrounding logs fall down.

The only disadvantage it has at the moment is that it's colder. It's climbing a hill. The altitude favors the icy weather. Good for keeping the Yagtalja away, not so for everyone's health. There are several children with flu even with only a few days in this region.

"We can start by taking out the mesons that won't be useful and putting them in storage. In case we need the material later," Yoongi says, folding his arms.

"On the way here I saw a home furnishing store," comments Jungkook. "With one of the vans in the parking lot, I can go get mattresses and stuff. So I don't sleep so badly. Get it set up over time."

"Go with Taehyung and Yoongi. Jin, Hobi and I will stay here to get the tables out" Namjoon says looking around. "I guess we can indeed try to make it a little better than just a momentary stop."

Jungkook taps his tongue against his cheek. He wanted to go alone to get what he needs. He plans to sneak away for the night to do so. No one will notice. They never do anyway. The three of them retreat and Hoseok whistles looking around. They are still unloading the luggage they are bringing. Quite a lot of it. Tons of food, tons of medicine and assorted personal items.

Children run around and play in the snow on one of the many fields. The closest one and being supervised by Misuk and four other women.

"Going as homeless out there is finally over" Hoseok celebrates with a smile. "First the tables, then we cover the windows. That way they won't notice the heat Do you think so?"

"Jin." calls Namjoon.

"Yes. Sounds good to me." he replies without even looking at him.

Namjoon exhales slightly exhausted.