39. Attacking basilisk

"Stop waiting for them...maybe they can't come. I wouldn't blame them either. "

"They will come, you have to have a little confidence in something that is real for a change."

Jihyo blows between her hands to give herself some warmth; the short hair only makes her colder and her clothes, though dense, are not enough. She looks at the others, who discouraged and hopeless as they are just keep doing the same old thing: looking at a dead spot and living in the pleasant memories of the past. It's depressing.

Even when she told them they were coming to help them, that she saw Jin and Jungkook, they weren't thrilled. They think she is crazy for having faith that there will be something better than dying in here. Momo over jumps and presses her lips together with her eyes closed, listening as the knocks on the doors sound. Metal against metal, one, two, three...

"Don't get to six, don't get to six, don't-"

The sixth happens and then a seventh. She breathes in relief for a moment until they open the door. She squeals by accident and covers her mouth.

"You, the Japanese, come" Momo pretends not to know they are talking to her. San and Mina aren't called that. Only her. "I don't have all day. Come here."

"I can go get her. She's tired." offers Nayeon getting up in a hurry.

"The, Japanese" repeats and Nayeon bites her lower lip. "Come, now" repeats and Momo shakes her head. "I thought you'd be tired of-"

The sound of an explosion distracts the conversation. One by one, getting louder and almost closer. They see each other and Jihyo, excited, having a huge adrenaline rush in her body, grabs the gun from the one who always comes to take them out of here to use.

She shoots him in the neck and a huge smile breaks out on her face. Whether or not it's what she wants to think, at least she'll be happy to see him bleed out from the neck wound.

~ * * * ~

"Aim more to the right... Now!"

Taehyung fires the grenade which hits one of the walls directly and manages to collapse part of the wall. Despite being a bank, it is noticeable that time has greatly deteriorated the building. Namjoon stands up and with one hand on his waist examines the response. He picks up the communicator.

"Jungkook How much longer?"

"Twenty minutes? Maybe fifteen."

"Hurry up." He merely says.

"Shall we go in?" asks Jin and Namjoon nods.

In the midst of the confusion and without managing to find any of the culprits of the explosions, when the shooting starts at the clueless occupants of the settlement, few are those who dodge the shots or are even able to not get the shots in lethal areas. Along with it, a rain of arrows that go everywhere.

Yoongi takes another arrow as well as the twenty that go with him and shoots without giving time for anyone to leave the place. Namjoon loads the gun and, signaling Jin, makes him start the car. He runs over the fence that surrounds the place, so that they can pass without any problem. Namjoon no longer remembers the number they are currently. He doesn't care either. He would worry about that later.

Namjoon is interested in continuing what he is doing, shooting everyone he sees and knows is not one of his own. Leaving a long trail of dead bodies behind him. While there is an aggressive response, it is little useful or effective on the part of the enemy. They are disorganized, everyone was doing other things instead of worrying that they would be attacked. Namjoon reloads for the fifth time, having Jin behind him watching him.