26. Increasing support

"What is that?"

"It's a test for immunity to the virus? Do they know about it?" asks Hoseok dropping his shoulders. He doesn't want to explain it again. He's tired. Having the seven shake their heads in denial only makes him give a groan of frustration and exhaustion.

Namjoon keeps an eye on the eight tests they took. Just as he suspected, Hongjoong is purple. A rather pretty and strong one. On the other hand, he is concerned to see three of the tests turn red. With one of them fighting to be yellow, but not quite getting there. The others are purple and with that he ends up wanting to ask:

"Did they make you guys get an injection at some point? A vaccine for no reason. They were just told to go and they were already in a doctor's office?" Namjoon asks the restless men in each chair. Seonghwa nods.

"We couldn't all go, we were having some problems. Only Wooyoung, San, Mingi, Hongjoong and I got injected Why?" asks Seonghwa and Namjoon sighs, scratches his head and pulls his hair back. It starts to grow quite long.

"I have a theory that we were given injections to make us immune to this infection. I can't say for sure, but I think it happens" He picks up the vials and sets them out. "Coincidentally, the five of you who were injected are immune. While the other three" Namjoon shows the other vials, causing Yunho's eyes to instantly water. "They aren't. They're immensely lucky they didn't die."

"We didn't even know there were immune," replies San. "I didn't-well I..."

"We got bitten a couple of times, waited and since nothing happened we kept pretending nothing was happening" clarifies Wooyoung. "San tried to shoot himself in the head a month ago."

"Well, more luck to you" replies Namjoon with slight acidity. "Those who are capable of getting sick are better off staying here" he says leaving the vials for Hoseok to keep with the others they have. "If they want to leave, it will be at their own risk wearing a suit that will protect them. We don't know how much, but it's one way."

"I don't want to go out." Hurries Yeosang says and Yunho shakes his head on the verge of tears. Mingi nudges him a couple of times to calm him down.

"Fine. Then do whatever you prefer. No problem." Namjoon shakes his hand without concern about it. He's not going to force himself on them. He hasn't done that with anyone. He just hopes they understand that they still have to defend themselves.

Whether they go out or not, trouble comes and in the long run, it's every man for himself in a dangerous situation.

~ * * * ~

"The new kids are pretty active huh?" questions Yoongi, looking out the window at Yunho and Mingi helping to clear the snow from the court. They plan to make a small space there to keep animals. It's surprisingly easy to find them roaming around.

For this the building materials that Namjoon has been so adamant about wanting them to bring. Jungkook from a chuckle.

"It's adorable. One of the little ones, Wooyoung, is too energetic. I think he's going to go fluttering out the window any minute." Jungkook comments with amusement and Yoongi exhales.

"I guess this is what it looks like to have all been together since the beginning." Yoongi opines quietly and Jungkook leans back from him.

"We're not that lucky, but very lucky to at least be all six of us together. If this had happened with you in Daegu, it would have been worse. I would never be able to see you again." comments Jungkook and Yoongi closes his eyes, sleepily.

"That's true. Maybe we shouldn't complain so much or envy what others have."

"I envy them just a little bit."