23. Making a map

"Should we order anything else?" asks Hoseok quietly. "We may need it, but I don't know if it's really a good idea." he admits nervously.

"We should ask to know about the other groups in this region" opines Namjoon. "Maybe get him to tell us their locations or at most, how many there are."

"But how much could that cost?" increases Jin uneasily. "And what if someone else asks that question about us. We don't have the ability to defend ourselves from other groups coming" He reminds Namjoon. "None of us could resist something like Junghwa's group to give an example."

"That would involve buying his silence somehow and I highly, highly doubt we have any way to compensate for something as lasting as that." admits Yoongi with a murmur. He's worried all the same how are they supposed to deal with this?

Yeou is a double-edged sword. A very exaggeratedly dangerous one. They assume it works the same for all other groups he has worked with or negotiated with. Namjoon clicks his tongue and concludes something simple:

"We need to know the number. Hopefully, if we just ask for that, there will be some confidentiality on their part and it won't give away where we are. From what I understand from their side, they already know we're here, so it'll be a matter of remaining as discreet as possible," Namjoon explains and Jin nods in agreement. Jungkook gives occasional glances at Yeou who eats his big dinner.

He has something else on his mind and so he hasn't paid much attention to what the rest have been talking about. He barely knows where the conversation is going. Taehyung drumming his fingers on the table, fidgeting.

"What if he asks us something strange? Y-you know... it could happen Don't you think?"

"We turn it down and that's it." Namjoon concludes without even wanting to think about that possibility.

. . .

"Do you need anything?"

"If I asked you to find out if a person is alive and what their whereabouts are how much would you do it for?"

Yeou gives a laugh, he had noticed Jungkook anxious from the moment he explained his way of working. I knew he would ask for something like this. It's what happens all the time. Yeou takes off his hat and rests it on his chest.

"You would have to give me something equivalent to the trip I will have to take Where is that person supposed to be?" asks Yeou. Jungkook licks his lips, anxious.

"Gimpo."

"Phew, that's pretty far away" He twists his head for a moment and the buffoonery irritates Jungkook. "You'd have to give me something very special. Very, very special."

"Like what? Just tell me." replies Jungkook.

Yeou thinks about it even for a moment.

"You guys know about immunes don't you?" Jungkook nods. "And you are?" he nods again. "Then I'll make it exaggeratedly easy for you: I want you to give me some of your blood. A very good amount. Minimum a liter, maximum, whatever it takes for you not to die."

"What do you want it for?" Jungkook raises an eyebrow. It's a somewhat strange request, but a simple one to fulfill. At the same time, he wants to know what he's exposing himself to by toasting something like that. Yeou smiles with a naughty, slutty dejeuner.

"Maybe in a moment, I'll feel like telling you about it. Until then... Will you give it to me? I'll have the information you want within a month at most." promises Yeou and Jungkook flicks his tongue against his cheek. He looks out the window. One of the few they didn't seal. It's on the third floor after all. He returns his attention to Yeou.