1. Mood

Green eyes stare outside the window of a dimly lit hospital room.

It's sunny and warm, with blue skies and singing birds, but to Izuku it might as well be a dark dismal day full of cold misery.

That's how he feels at the moment, cold like he's lost in some kind of dark void full of nothingness.

There's been no smile across this fair-skinned, freckled-face hero in weeks because he's had no reason to smile.

Six weeks ago the city was struck by one of the most savage villain attacks that they have ever seen and since Izuku is the number one Hero he was front and center for each and every fight.

Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks of nonstop combat and eventually, fatigue and injuries took their toll on the greenett who wasn't fast enough to escape an explosion that took down part of an apartment building that landed on him.

He was buried in the rubble, presumed dead, until his friends refused to just blindly accept that answer and dug for him until he was found.

It was Sero who first spotted him after Kirishima had lifted a large chunk of concrete from a looming pile of debris. The raven-haired male had quickly released his quirk binding the greenett in tape and pulling him to the surface.

Relief had turned into horror tho when they realized there was no active heartbeat an action that made Denki Kaminari spring into action doing the only thing he could think of turning himself into a human defibrillator and shocking Izuku's heart back into rhythm, saving his life.

He was then whisked away to the hospital faster than any of them could process while Todoroki held off the attacks with a wall of ice so the ambulance could get through.

It was scary, and traumatic for all of them who almost lost the green-eyed hero they had all become so close to.

Everyone knew Izuku's recovery was going to take a while, with broken bones, gashes, and deep tissue bruising, but what they didn't expect was what Aizawa had called them all into an empty hospital room to tell them.

Izuku had taken spine damage and a significant amount making it unclear if he would ever walk again.

Every specialist, every doctor from across Japan and even other countries had been called in to see if they could help the process. Each and every one had the same answers, that they couldn't be sure if the injuries would ever fully heal and that meant that right now they didn't know if he would recover his movement. So for now Izuku Midoriya, Hero Deku, was in fact paralyzed.

When the greenett had first been given the news he was optimistic that he would make a full recovery but as days went by and doctors all gave him the same response he began to lose hope.

That's where he is now. Hopeless and depressed. He's not wanted the company of his friends and even when they insist he's either silent or short-tempered with them.

The greenett hasn't even wanted the visits of his own mother lately because he knows his condition is what brings her to tears these days and the guilt of that seems too much to bare at the moment.

He's restless and angry. It's a horrible feeling to be restless with no other option than to be trapped in a chair or a bed with nothing to soothe the unrelenting feeling that only seems to be growing by the minute. It's maddening, enough to make anyone feel crazy and that's how he feels these days.

Defeated and crazy.

The sound of his hospital room door opening is heard, he makes no move to see who it is because he already knows.

" Problem Child, the nurse tells me that you have refused to do your physical therapy sessions today.", Aizawa says standing in the doorway.

He hears a slight chuckle, one that's pure sarcasm.