27. Set Back

It's been one week since Izuku's surgery and he's been in the hospital ever since. He wasn't supposed to remain there that long but there's been some complications.

His healing is taking longer than expected because of the scar tissue so Dr Mori recommended some physical therapy before he would be released.

He should have been able to feel something from the spine stimulation by now but he hasn't and that is causing him to feel some depression even though he knew it wasn't a guarantee that it would work.

Katsuki sits next to him seeing green eyes that look distant. The blonde sighs, hating what he's seeing, it suddenly feels a lot like the first two weeks when he came home to a broken hero.

" Deku, it's only been a week, you're still on the mend. You had so much damn scar tissue it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that you wouldn't be feeling anything yet.", he tries to comfort best he can.

Izuku stares out the window as he speaks.

" But I should have felt something Kacchan, even if it wasn't at it's full potential, something, I was told I would if it was going to work, I think it's pretty obvious it's not and this was a waste of time."

The blonde's gut begins to twist. This is what he was worried about, what he was afraid would happen.

Katsuki sighs getting ready to respond when Dr Mori walks in.

Katsuki looks at him with a stren expression. He had told this doctor he'd come after him if Izuku was worse coming out than going in and he's not, but that doesn't mean he's happy with this guy either since he sees him as the cause of this setback.

Dr Mori tries to avoid looking directly at the death glare he's receiving.

" Mr Midoriya, good morning! Today I was thinking we do some more therapy in the ..."

Izuku cuts him off before he can finish.

" No. I don't wish to do any more therapy. I want to go home now."

Dr Mori goes wide-eyed.

" But Mr Midoriya, Hero Deku, I really just think that it needs more time because of the scarring but I'm fairly confident that after a few more weeks we will see success."

Izuku shakes his head feeling defeated. He's tired of being told to wait, tired of hearing maybe just a little longer, he's tired of being fed false hope.

"No, like I said, I.. I would like to go home."

" But Hero Deku..."

It's Katsuki who now steps in seeing strain forming in green eyes.

" Oi, what the fuck did he say huh? Stop pressuring him. Why don't you step the fuck out of his room and give him some space."

The Dr nods with a sigh.

" Yes, of course."

He's gone after that leaving a distance looking green-eyed hero and a concerned blonde.

" Thanks", Izuku mumbles at his boyfriend for saving him in the situation.

Katsuki sighs.

" You're welcome Deku but maybe you should give it just a little more time in here, I saw your images, honestly I can't believe they could get through the fucking tissue there was so much, and they had to cut through some muscle so it makes sense that it would be taking time, time to heal, time for the muscle to rebuild again. I mean hell I dunno maybe..."

Izuku breaks into tears as he snaps his head to his boyfriend with emotional anger.

" I said no Kacchan! I .. I don't want to stay here anymore! I .. I don't want to do this! I just want to go home! You said that it was my call, that it was up to me and that you would back any of my decisions and.. and you .. you said you would take me home if I wanted to go and .. Kacchan.. please, please can we... can we just go home?"