28. Show Me

It's been five days since Izuku's been home and in those five days, Katsuki has watched his mood go downhill each day that passed.

The greenett has refused to do any therapy saying he's too sore still something Katsuki doubts seriously but something he isn't pushing because he can't be sure.

He's distant, not talking much, and when he does he refuses to talk about anything deep. He's often short-tempered and snappy with the blonde which isn't like him at all and that bothers Katsuki immensely. Once Izuku realizes what he's done and sees the look in crimson eyes he gets teary and apologizes immediately practically begging his boyfriend for forgiveness.

There hasn't been much physical touch between the two either. Izuku will hold the blonde's hand if Katsuki reaches for it but even then it feels light-touched and lifeless.

He sleeps a lot, some days he cries a lot even when he thinks Katsuki can't hear him. In short his emotions are all over the place which is making the blonde hero's own emotions twist inside his chest.

Katsuki is frustrated, hurting and if he's honest, fearful because he's not sure when this is going to pass and the more frightening thing is he isn't sure if it will.

It's early morning and the handsome blonde hero is still in bed. He shifts to his side reaching a strong arm across the mattress in search of his boyfriend but when he feels nothing but a cold mattress it makes tired crimson eyes open.

He takes a minute to focus from his sleepy haze then sits up in bed wiping his eyes with a yawn.

" Deku?", he calls in a rough morning voice not hearing a response.

Izuku can get in and out of his chair without Katsuki that's not unusual but what is is that he's never up before the blonde.

The blonde stretches getting off the bed and heading for the bathroom. He's brushing his teeth when he picks up the sound of Izuku's voice in the living room. He can tell since there are no other voices he must be on the phone.
As he continues to brush his teeth a line from the greenett stops all movement and makes vomit lurch to the back of his throat.

" Yes, I need to speak to someone about getting my hero status dropped. I am no longer in a position to be called one."

Katsuki grabs a towel wiping his mouth as he lunges out the door so fast it rocks the hinges.

Crimson eyes burn with tears and fury as he meets surprised emerald eyes.

Katsuki snatches the phone away before another word can be spoken from the greenett.

" I don't know who this is, but forget what the fuck was just said and if you repeat any of it to anyone else I'm coming for you."

With those words growled Katsuki ends the call and throws the phone across the room as heat burns his skin and nitroglycerin is heavy in the air.

He faces his boyfriend with a shocked furious look in wide eyes.

" Are you fucking crazy Deku?!! What the hell do you think you're doing huh?!

Izuku breaks into tears with anger etched on his features.

" I'm doing what needs to be done Kacchan! I have no right to keep my hero status no matter how low it falls! I have no right to be on the roster at all! I'm not a hero anymore! I'm use.."

Katsuki closes in so fast the words get caught in Izuku's throat as the blonde grips the collar of his tshirt pulling his face towards his own.

" Don't you fucking finish that word Deku! Don't you dare say it! You gotta stop this shit!"