7. Tension

Things have been going decent the six days Katsuki has been working with Izuku.

The greenett looks much better then the drawn, thin, shaggy looking hero Katsuki had found down and depressed in the hospital that day.

He's sleeping better, eating well and has even gained a couple pounds. His moods have even improved, even though he has his days where he seemingly hates everyone and everything, he's doing better and most days the blonde can manage to snap him out of those moods fairly quickly, most days that is.

There are still definitely days when he's so down that Katsuki can't seem to budge him from those thoughts but it's only been six days and the blonde knows that this is a marathon not a sprint and it's going to take time.

They have just gotten done with a workout where the blonde ran him threw his daily exercises and stretches and Katsuki has definitely noticed improvements. Izuku is getting stronger, his core movement more sturdy and he's not struggling as much as he use to with small things. They have settled into some what of a routine and it was getting more comfortable, more familiar and even when that stubborn green-eyed hero is being a little shit not wanting to do the things he's supposed to be doing Katsuki won't deny that he likes being here with him.

Even when it's hard he does, even when it hurts, even when he has to pretend he doesn't give two shit when he's pushing Izuku to the point of frustrated tears for his own good, he likes being here. More than he should probably.

He's at the kitchen counter lost in his own thoughts as he makes them lunch when he hears the sound of slight mumbling behind him.

" Kacchan? Can... can you help me with my stupid socks?"

The blonde turns around to see a frustrated greenett. He steps away from the sandwiches he's making to reach down and take the white cotton socks Izuku is holding.

Crimson eyes glance up to see the green ones that don't want to look at him while he crouched down to slide the socks on the heros feet.

" Sorry I had to interrupt you to do this Kacchan.", he mumbles.

" Why are you sorry? That's what I'm here for Deku, to help you with shit."

Izuku sighs.

"Yeah but it's such a simple thing and I can't even do it. I had to have you do it for me. It's so frustrating."

Katsuki sits on the kitchen floor looking up at the discouraged hero.

" It's temporary Deku. You've been improving in the short time I've been here. This shit isn't going to last."

Izuku still won't look at him just gazes down at his black sweats instead.

" What... what if it's not?", he whispers as if he doesn't even want to hear the words he's speaking himself.

The blonde takes a breath feeling a twinge of fear that he refuses to show.

" We talked about this. You have to stop thinking that way. You are getting stronger, you will be back to your nerd self and all this will just be a shitty memory."

The greenett shakes his head as tears slowly form.

" But you don't know that for sure. No one does, and .. and how long is it going to take?! I'm tired of feeling so usless and .. and you will have to go back soon. I can't hold you here forever, you're the number one Hero! You should be out there doing way more important things."

Katsuki scowls suddenly anger in those crimson eyes now as he stands to his feet.

" Oi, this is going to take as long as it takes Deku. And who the fuck said that this is any less important than anything else I would be out there doing huh?! You don't think getting the number one Hero back on his God damn feet is important?! Putting your fucking socks on is just as important to me as beating the shit out of some scum villain! And I told you before you don't get to decide what is and isn't important to me dammit! This isn't up to you!"