20. Qualified?

Izuku sits in the passenger seat of Katsuki's car nervously chewing his lip as they drive.

Aizawa had called with the details on the new doctor that wanted to take a look at the hero's injury and after a call an appointment was setup which is where the two are currently headed.

Katsuki looks over at his nervous boyfriend who is clearly a million miles away in thought.

" You're gonna gnaw that lip off soon. Calm down Deku we're just going to hear what this guy has to say and if we don't like it I'm gonna tell him to fuck off and we'll keep on doing what we have been, we don't have to commit or agree with anything, we're just going to listen and I'll be right there with you, so try and relax a little."

Izuku looks over with a smile.

" I know you're right, and I feel so much better knowing that you'll be with me, but I've seen so many doctors since the accident and they've all said the same thing about them not knowing if I'll ever walk that I guess I always get a little nervous because things have been going well and I just don't want that to change."

Katsuki feels an ache as he glances at the greenett before his eyes go back to the road.

" I get that Deku, but things have been going well, nothing that doctor says is going to change that. You have already proved all those other shitty doctors wrong by moving and walking even if just with the help of your quirks for now. You're doing it Deku, putting the work in, not giving up, getting stronger every day so no matter what this guy says you're already miles ahead of where you started."

The greenett's smile gets bigger.

" Yes, you're right Kacchan."

The blonde gives him his signature smirk.

" Course I am. Be proud Deku, I am. We're gonna walk in there like we own the damn place, listen to him and either agree or not, but either way we're walking the fuck back out with our heads high because we are the number fucking one heros and you don't get that title by being a weak, helpless little bitch, you got this Izuku, whichever way it's flipped, you got this."

Izuku stares at him with emotional emerald eyes. Katsuki had always been the only one who could move him so easily, push him forward to try harder and go further and even in the moments when he feels like giving up he doesn't because crimson eyes watch every move and he's always wanted nothing more but to make those eyes proud.

Katsuki looks over at him feeling the stare, he sees the tears. There's a smirk.

" Such a big cry baby still."

Izuku laughs as he wipes his own tears then gently pushes the blonde on the shoulder.

" Shut up, you love me anyway, you told me so. And I can't help it, when did you get all smart and supportive anyway? What happened to the mean grumpy Kacchan I grew up with?", he smirks at the blonde with still teary eyes.

Katsuki chuckles as he pulls into a parking spot in front of the doctor's office.

He looks over at his boyfriend with a grin.

" Oh I'm still fucking mean and grumpy, just a little less with you. I learned that smart supportive shit from you, just took me a little longer to show it, but you were a pretty good teacher in that area nerd."

Those emerald eyes are brimmed with more tears.

Katsuki chuckles reaching over to wipe one away the moment it falls.

" Damn, you really are still a cry baby."

Izuku laughs with a sniffle.

" I said shut up , I can't help it. That was sweet."