8. Signs of Strength

Izuku seems to be speechless at the moment while he lets it sink in that he had in fact gotten out of bed himself to find Katsuki.

He's staring into smirking crimson eyes with his mouth open in disbelief when he hears Katsuki chuckle.

" Oi, you alright nerd?"

The green-eyed hero finally gives the blonde a smile coming back to his senses.

" Yes, I'm just surprised I guess. I .. I hadn't even realized it till you said something."

The blonde grins.

" You see what this shit means right? You are definitely improving Deku."

Izuku takes a breath with a small spark of hope. He wants to believe that this is true, that he is definitely improving, but down deep he's scared to believe the words.

Katsuki studies him seeing doubt in green eyes. He sighs shifting his eyes to the clock then back to Izuku.

" It's late Deku. Let's get you settled back in bed."

Izuku nods as he pushes his chair back into his room with the blonde right behind him.

Once inside Izuku pauses at his bedside looking up at Katsuki as if he's waiting..

Katsuki eyes him then smirks.

" Well go on get into bed. I know you can do that I've taught you already, you just had a lot of trouble getting out but seems you can do that too. So climb your nerd ass in there then I want you to get back into your chair so I can see how you did and and so you can prove it to yourself since I can see doubt in those eyes."

Izuku bites his lip nervously, scared he won't be able to do the task again since he isn't really running on the adrenaline to get to the blonde he thought was upset. On top of that Katsuki is watching, and those crimson eyes on him always made him want to do any and everything without fail. He always wanted Katsuki to be proud of him, to see him as an equal, not a weakling who couldn't keep up.

A voice interrupts his thoughts.

" Go on Deku. You got this"

Green eyes glance up at the blonde who gives him a confident head nod of encouragement.

Izuku takes a breath then proceeds to get back into bed with little struggle. His gaze shifts up at Katsuki who grins at him. He gives the blonde a slight smile back while he feels his heart beat nervously again his chest while he tries to repeat what he had done not long before.

Katsuki watches closely, his own heart feeling an uptick of beats as he silently chants inside for this nerd to do this again.

Izuku positions himself so he can slide to the edge of the bed then the blonde sees muscles that haven't been used in awhile flex and move under the skin allowing the green eyed hero to almost effortlessly get back into his chair on those muscles alone.

Green eyes snap up to crimson ones that are smiling.

" Kacchan..I.. I did it! Again..I.. I really did it! By myself!"

Katsuki chuckles with an ache in his chest at the small action giving so much excitement.

" Hell yeah you did! You couldn't do that a week ago Deku, that's improvement."

Izuku flashes him a smile that will forever make a heart skip a beat in a built chest even if the other clueless hero has no idea.

" Yeah, I guess so. I mean it's not walking or anything but I guess it is something huh?", the greenett ask as he shifts himself and then gets back into bed.