24. Side By Side

Izuku has been pouring over countless pieces of information about the surgery his doctor offered for days now, and not just him, his boyfriend too. Katsuki has been even more meticulous about it. He's gone over every report and medical record this guy has, even placed calls to the hospital where Dr Mori works to get any and all information and references he can get his hands on. Katsuki has gone as far as to look into every surgery Dr Mori has performed, checking to see the success or any complications that may have occurred, but he found nothing in the way of negatives, only positive and high success rates.

As emerald eyes graze over all the papers spread out over the table for the hundredth time at least he feels a sense of tension in the back of his neck. As wonderful and promising as this guy sounds he's still now sure, not sure he wants to risk such a major surgery but at the same time he wants to try, to see if this will fix the issue with his legs so he can get back to a normal life.

Izuku sighs, leaning back in his chair and punching the bridge of his nose as he closes his eyes. Suddenly two strong hands land on his shoulders as the blonde begins to massage tight, stress-filled muscles. A smile forms on the greenett's features immediately.

" You alright nerd?", the blonde asks looking down at closed green eyes and fair skin.

Slowly those pretty eyes open as he looks up at the concerned crimson ones studying him.

He smiles.

" Yes Kacchan, just trying to figure this out so I can make a decision. There's so much to consider. Sometimes I feel like I'm close to making a decision but then a doubt or concern will creep into my mind and I have to start all over. It's frustrating."

Katsuki frowns as he takes a seat at the table next to his boyfriend. Green eyes found intense crimson ones.

" What do you think Kacchan?"

Katsuki has been asked that question at least fifty times in the last three days. He's told Izuku what he's thought all fifty. Gave him a list of pros and cons and told him that the final decision had to be his and his alone.

He takes a deep breath, crimson eyes locked onto emerald ones.

" I think we should go out."

Izuku raises a brow.

" What?"

The blonde smirks.

" Go out, I think we should go the fuck on a date, get the hell out of here and away from those damn papers. I think I should take you out so you can relax and let your mind clear, get some distance from this bullshit and then maybe you'll be able to figure it out."

Green eyes go soft as he smiles. This was Katsuki taking care of him even in this way, and he will always feel privileged to have this side of the blonde hero.

Izuku nods.

" Yes, I think that's an awesome idea. I'll go get ready."

Katsuki watches him push his wheelchair down the hall into the bedroom. He sighs looking out the window running a hand through his hair. Honestly, he wants a day out away from thinking about all this. He's turned it over in his mind a million times and though he may not show his already anxious boyfriend, he's just as concerned and conflicted about this decision.

His thoughts break when he hears a gentle but happy voice.

" Ok Kacchan! I'm ready!"

The blonde turns to see Izuku grinning at him. The look makes his own smile come to sharp features. He ruffles green locks.

" Yeah you are, let's go."

A little while later the two are downtown at the city's largest Hero Museum, a place Izuku has always wanted to go.