23. Savior

Katsuki meets those bashful green eyes that are trying desperately to stay on his own. He gives a sultry smile without even trying causing a seep flush to grow on freckles.

" Yeah? You sure?"

Izuku nips at the inside of his cheek nervously.

" I'm sure. I mean unless you don't want to.", he answers sheepish.

The blonde hero smirks.

" Hell yeah I want to, that's not it at all Deku, I just want to be sure you're comfortable with it that's all.

Izuku smiles up at him as he reaches out to take Katsuki's larger hand into his.

" I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't comfortable or at least trying to be more comfortable with us being more intimate even though I'm still pretty self-conscious about the condition I'm still currently in but.. but if it really doesn't bother you then I'm trying to not let it bother me either.", he says softly making Katsuki's heart ache in his chest.

The blonde doesn't say anything at first only strips down fully and climbs into the warm tub behind his boyfriend. After he's settled he picks up the bath sponge lathering it with soap as he gently begins to wash the greenett's back.

" It doesn't bother me Izuku, not even a little. There's nothing for you to be ashamed of either and I may be new to all this love stuff but one thing I do know is that loving someone means all of them, and loving someone for better and worse shouldn't just apply to marriage, if anything it should start a hell of a lot sooner than that.", he says as he continues to wash Izuku's back with care.

The words just spoken cause the greenett to turn around as much as he can in surprise causing the blonde to raise a brow.

" What? What's wrong?", he questions the greenett.

Izuku is overwhelmed with emotion like usual when it comes to his childhood love.

" You.. you just never seem to fail to surprise me in all the best ways. I can hardly believe how.. how gentle you can be and how deep some of the things you say are. I want you to know that the things you have said have helped me so much. Part of my recovery has been not just physical but emotionally and mentally thanks to you. You may be new at this love stuff but you're doing it so well. I love you Kacchan."

The blonde smiles slightly even though there's a hint of blush on his own cheeks. He reaches up and brushes away a tear with the tip of his finger from a freckled cheek as he shrugs.

" I guess I grew up is all. And part of me being better at the words and sappy shit is because of you. Deku, you been singing my praises since we were brats, even at times I didn't deserve to hear them. You were always gentle and sweet, best teacher I had for that shit was you. Don't get it twisted though, this is a side of me not another soul on this earth will ever to to see. As far as me helping your recovery, that's why I came back, to make sure you recovery completely, that means mentally and emotionally even if I don't see myself as being very good at that part. I came home as just your childhood friend, I ended up as your boyfriend partway through so that means I'm even more focused on making sure everything about you gets well, not that you're broken Deku cause you aren't, you're just a little damaged but we're gonna fix all that shit."

The words might sound rough to anyone else but to Izuku it's the sweetest thing he's ever heard. He smiles as tears run down his face making Katsuki chuckle with an aching heart.

" Cry baby. Lean back on me and relax before the water gets cold."

There was a time not long ago when Izuku would feel too self-conscious to do that but in this moment he does it without hesitation.