29. Testing the Limits

Past few days Izuku has been doing much better than he had been. He's back to regular communication with his boyfriend, even telling him when he feels unsure or upset which the blonde is quick to settle as best he can. They've gotten back to a workout schedule even though Katsuki is keeping it light since the greenett is still healing from surgery. They've worked on his quirk and standing more often and even though the simulation device that's implanted against his spine doesn't seem to be doing anything Katsuki still makes him try daily.

The blonde has been even trying to figure out ways to make sure his boyfriend's mental health stays strong, that now includes making sure he gets out at least once a day, even if it's just down the street to the park, going out to eat, seeing the extras or even just grabbing Izuku's favorite drink at the local convenience store. There are movie nights and game nights, nights where the blonde buys a stack of the latest hero news magazines and lets his boyfriend ramble on for hours about different quirks and fighting styles.

Slowly but surely all of this is making a difference. Izuku is brighter than he was days ago and even though he has his moments of doubts it's not nearly as bad as it was.

It's afternoon now after a mild workout. Izuku is lying on the couch on his back with his head on his boyfriend's lap while he flips through a magazine.

He scrunches his face suddenly in thought as he lowers the magazine laying it on his stomach.

Emerald eyes shift up to his boyfriend who is invested in something he's reading on his phone.

The greenett reaches up and gently pokes his boyfriend's cheek.

" Kacchan?"

" What?", the blonde questions still looking at his phone.

" Would you still love me if I was a worm?"

Katsuki looks down immediately, a raised blonde brow at this.

" What kind of fucking question is that??"

Izuku smiles with a laugh.

" A truthful one. Like what if all the sudden I was a worm??"

Katsuki blinks down at him.

" Deku, how many fucking pain pills did you take today?"

The greenett giggles.

" None, I'm being serious."

Katsuki picks up the magazine laying on his boyfriend's stomach scanning it.

" What the hell are you reading that would make you ask me that shit?"

Izuku can't help but laugh at the blonde's reaction.

"I heard the question was asked to a bunch of couples and I just wondered what you would say. So would you?"

Katsuki raises a brow as he looks down into emerald eyes waiting for an answer.

" First of all how the hell would you turn into a worm?"

Izuku thinks for a minute.

" A quirk, let's say I got hit by a quirk that turned me into a worm."

" Then I would just wait for you to turn back."

Izuku frowns, an almost wobble to his lip.

" So you wouldn't love me during the time I was a worm?"

Two blonde brows raise and that look in those eyes tells him he better fix this quick.

He rolls his eyes playfully.