11. Day Out

Izuku is just waking up, coming out of the bathroom with a sleepy yawn when I jacket gets thrown at him the minute he pushes his chair into the living room. He scrunches his face as he pulls the fabric down seeing a smirking blonde standing there with his arms crossed over his chest.

The greenett raises a brow waiting for whatever is going on here.

" Get dressed nerd, we're going outside today. Not good for you to be all cooped up in here all the damn time."

Izuku gives him and unsure look.

" Oh um.. I dunno Kacchan. I'm not sure if I'm feeling up for that really."

Katsuki frowns as he moves closer sitting on the arm of the couch as he looks down and studies the greenett closer.

" Why? What's wrong? You feeling sick or something?"

The greenett shakes his head no with his eyes downcast as he scratches the back of his neck.

"No, that's not it. I feel okay."

The blonde continues to study him seeing emerald eyes that won't meet his gaze.

" Then what is it?"

The greenett shrugs as he fiddles with his fingers something he's always done when he's nervous.

"I just.. I just don't like people seeing me like this. I notice I get a lot of looks while I'm out and I see nothing but pity in their eyes and I.. I hate that. They use to look at me and smile and get excited rushing up to me wanting to chat or get an autograph, but now they just look sad and uncomfortable like they don't know what to do or say. I'm not the hero they once knew, not like this and it makes me feel so helpless that I have to hurt them or let them down.", he says quietly.

There's an ache against the blonde's chest, one that hurts so bad it makes his ribs hurt. He struggles for a minute trying to figure out what to say in this moment.

" Deku, you gotta stop feeling like you're letting people down because you had an accident that wasn't your fault. I mean fuck, you got hurt protecting this city and all those fuckers in it. You're recovering still, it's a long process, there's no time limit on that shit. If people can't handle it or don't know how to fucking treat you normal that's their problem, not yours. And I'll be there, you just let someone look at you crossed eyed and I'll take care or it."

Izuku looks up at the blonde finally. He's noticed something about his childhood friend lately. Katsuki has been extremely protective over him since he's been there and that was surprising to him.

His surprise must be showing since he hears the hero in front of him speak.

" Oi, what's with the look now?"

Izuku shakes himself from his thoughts.

" Nothing.. just thinking."

The blonde smirks.

" Nerd brain at work huh? Anyways, put your damn jacket on we're going out."

Izuku knows he can't fight this, he could but what would be the point, in the end that blonde hero would always get his way.

Not too long later the pair is making their way down the sidewalk with Izuku steady pushing his chair with no problems.

Katsuki keeps a close eye on him and the area around them making sure no one on the street is making the greenett with him feel uncomfortable.

There have been waves to both of them, smiles and yes sometimes looks of pity that Katsuki quickly distracts the greenett from or gives the giver of those looks a glare of death.