13. Signs of Hope

Crimson eyes are zoned out across the living room while he holds Izuku's legs for him during what has become their every day routine.

Izuku is doing a set of sit-ups and crunches with ease something he wasn't able to do at first but now it's not an issue. Katsuki has also introduced weight lifting to the workout making sure the greenett's arms stay strong and healthy since there has been a lot of damage to them over the years from his quirk use.

The green eyed hero is definitely getting stronger and Katsuki and Izuku have both felt the slight movements or twitches in his leg muscles but it's inconsistent and not always predictable, this of course is frustrating to them both.

As the blonde hero zones out his mind is on how to improve this situation, how to make this all more effective and what else he can possibly do to help the greenett in front of him further along.

The deep green eyes are now on the blonde in front of him seeing Katsuki with a far off expression.

Izuku stops his sit ups with sweat running down his face and arms reaching for his towel that's hanging around Katsuki's neck finally making the blonde shift back to reality and look at the greenett.

Izuku gives him a smile while he lets his breathing calm from his work out wiping his face.

" There you go again zoning out. I feel like you do that a lot, you sure you're okay?"

Katsuki raises a brow at him.

" Tch. Of course I'm ok, will you stop worrying about that shit. And just because it might look like I'm not paying attention I always am just like I know you just did ninety-nine sit ups not a hundred so your nerd ass owes me one more.", he smirks making Izuku roll his eyes.

" Fine, fine, but what were you thinking about?", the greenett questions as he finished up his workout

The blonde eyes him handing him his towel once again.

" Deku, have you used your quirks since the accident?"

He feels the greenett tense and then freeze at the words. Green eyes suddenly don't want to meet crimson ones.

There's a trail of silence between them now as Izuku pushes himself across the floor to lean back on the couch. The blonde watches carefully part of him regretting asking the question at all but he wasn't here while the greenett was in the hospital so he isn't sure of all the details and this is something that has been on his mind.

He sighs sitting beside him seeing cloudy green eyes that are staring down at his lap. The blonde speaks gently.

" Deku, I'm not trying to upset you. I know this shit is hard, even harder when you have to relive certain details, but I haven't seen you use your quirk since I've been back and it might be useful."

Teary green eyes finally look in his direction.

" I .. I still have my quirks. I used them a week or so after I was conscious enough to, when I had enough strength to. It was just a test to make sure I could activate them, I didn't really do anything with them but...."

There's a pause and tears down fair cheeks and a blonde hero who suddenly has an unexplainable knot in his stomach.

" But what?"

Izuku sighs taking a breath before he continues.

" But.. they.. they felt weak, my.. my quirks felt really weak Kacchan!", he says with a broken sob at the end.

Katsuki lifts his brows, a pained expression now etched onto his features at the out burst that he didn't expect. He had no idea about this, he isn't even sure if he's pissed off, scared to death, or down right heart broken so he decides he's all three.