26.The Wait

Three and a half hours.

This surgery was only supposed to take a grand total of three and a half hours.

Then why has it been six and a fucking half almost seven Katsuki wonders with fire burning against his palms.

He's way past anxious now, he's been at the nurses desk four damn times only for them to tell him that they have no new information on what's happening in the operating room but that they are sure everything is fine, something Katsuki is currently doubting because six and a half fucking hours!

He's up pacing now, hands shoved down deep in the pockets of black jeans as he tries to keep his quirk from going off.  There's tension in broad shoulders and veins popping in his neck. He's sweating which isn't good because the way his temper feels right now he knows it won't take much for explosions to form.

Kirishima watches with concerned eyes as Denki sighs.

" This can't be good right? The fact that surgery is taking so long and the fact that Bakugo looks like he's ready to blow the place up any minute? I mean, you smell that right? That sugary sweet burnt caramel smell, that's his quirk!"

Kiri frowns his face falling serious.

" Well, sometimes surgeries can last longer than expected and as far as Bakubro blowing the place up he won't as long as Mido is here. He wouldn't risk hurting him, of course I can't guarantee what's gonna happen after Mido leaves here. I guess that depends on the outcome and whatever is happening.", the redhead explains.

Kaminari swallows hard, a twinge of fear at what Katsuki might do if anything happens to Izuku.

Sero walks up to the two suddenly.

" Well I went with Mr Aizawa to see if we could find out anything."

Denki lifts a brow.

" And? Any news??"

Sero let's out a sigh that tells them the answer before he does.

" Nope and if they do know anything they sure aren't telling us."

Three sets of Hero eyes then shift across the room to a pacing blonde bomb.

" We gotta go say something to him to try and calm him down or something, I smelled his quirk down the hall.", Sero sighs.

Kiri nods as they move to a blonde hero.

" Bakubro, why don't you sit down man? Let's go down to the cafeteria and get a drink or something.", the redhead smiles.

" Yeah and you haven't eaten anything this afternoon that's definitely not good.", Denki tries.

Crimson eyes go dark as he glares at his friends.

" Do I look like I'm fucking hungry?! I'm not leaving this fucking room until I can see him and find out what the fuck is going on.", the blonde snaps

" It's not uncommon for this kind of thing to last longer than they first predicted Bakugo, I'm sure Mido is just fine.", Sero says

Crimson eyes narrow sharply.

" I didn't realize you got a God damn medical degree Soy Sauce. You have no damn idea what's happening any more than I do and none of us know if he's ok and that's pissing me the fuck off."

Kiri puts a hand on the blonde's shoulder but when he does he's almost burnt from the heat rising on the hero.

" I know you're upset bro but you gotta try and calm down."

Katsuki is getting ready to erupt in an anger-filled rant of nervous curses but then his eyes catch the sight of something over Kirishima's.

He sees Inko.