14. First Step is the Hardest

It's six am when Katsuki is woken up from his sleep on the couch by loud knocking on Izuku's front door.

Crimson eyes snap open then squint against the early morning sleep still trying to pull him back under.

He gets up letting black blankets fall to the floor as he stumbles to the door with annoyance and a string of raspy rough curses yelling at whoever is behind the door before he even opens it.

" This better be fucking good, like the fucking building is on fire good or I'm gonna be pissed."

A large heated hand from anger yanks the door open with a scowl to see raven eyes and a familiar black jumpsuit with a white scarf that in a hundred years he'd never forget the look or feel of since it had been used on him in his younger days in UA when he was out of line or out of control.

He lifts a tired brow at the male standing in the door way with the same posture as always. Hands in his pockets, raven eyes that hold seriousness and exhaustion.

" Mr Aizawa? The hell, shouldn't you be passed the fuck out some place asleep? God damn sun is barely up."

Aizawa gives his old student a slight smile with a nod.

" I'll sleep soon. I was on patrol all night and I thought since I was in the area I would stop by to see my two problem children and check on how things are going with Midoriya."

Katsuki runs a tired hand through his hair moving out of the way so the raven haired pro hero can come inside.

The blonde walks to the kitchen making coffee before he says anything else then leans back on the counter with his arms crossed.

He shrugs.

" It's slow going, but I knew it would be. He's getting a lot stronger, does a bunch of shit on his own that he couldn't when I first showed up. He looks better that's for damn sure. I'm still fucking pissed at the condition I saw him in that first day. I told you on the phone the other night that he and I have both felt moments in his leg muscles and then two days ago I asked about his quirk, asked if he's used them since the accident. He told me he fired them up when he was able to in the hospital but that they felt weak. Why the fuck didn't you tell me that by the way? That's something I should have known from the start, something I could have been working with right along with this other shit and something that all the god damn failures that were working with him first at that so called hospital should have been working with so his quirks don't fizzle out. Fuck I get so pissed when I think about it. I still might go down there and tell those bastards what I think."

As Aizawa listens he can see the anger in his old students eyes. He knows Katsuki is still upset over Izuku's condition, just like he knew he would be.

" Yes, I suppose that is something that should have been discussed with you from the beginning but the important part is that you know that information now and I'm assuming it's something you've been working on."

Katsuki turns his head, anger still rolling off him that he hadn't been informed of the full situation.

" Tch. Of course it is. I'm not fucking incompetent like those shits at that place who didn't think that his quirks might actually help the situation he's in."

Aizawa nods, eyes still on his student.

" And how's his mood lately?"

The blonde hero meets his eye.

" Depends on the day. Some days it good, other days it's shit and he's frustrated and ready time give up. There's hope some days and a complete lack of it others. Like I said depends on the day, but I'm here for both good and fucking bad and I'm not letting him give up, I don't care what or how long it fucking takes."