3.

"There you are! I was beginning to think you wouldn't show up," Mina exclaimed as she saw her friend rush into the lecture hall at university

"There you are! I was beginning to think you wouldn't show up," Mina exclaimed as she saw her friend rush into the lecture hall at university. She'd kept a spot reserved next to her for Gyuri, but she was a lot later than usual. Gyuri was punctual, always arriving on time for her lectures and projects, so this was out of character for her.

Mina was Gyuri's best friend as well as her roommate, and the two spent many days at uni together as they both studied veterinary medicine. It was nice to have someone to share it with, and Gyuri was glad to have someone as great as Mina as her friend. Mina was always by her side and at her beck and call for whatever she needed.

"I'm sorry, I was walking Charlie and completely forgot about the time. Turned it into a workout for the both of us," she chuckled as she sat down and placed her laptop in front of her. It wasn't a complete lie; she'd forgotten about the time because she was still thinking about her run-in with Mark the day before. Mina smiled and handed her a cup of coffee, earning a gasp from Gyuri.

"You're an angel, Shin Mina."

"So I've been told."

"I have something crazy to tell you," Gyuri said in a low voice, eyeing around her to make sure they weren't heard by anybody else.

Mina raised her brow and leaned closer, eager to hear Gyuri's exciting news.

"So you know how, when I was young, I was frien-"

"Let's start, everybody. Welcome," their professor spoke through the microphone, interrupting Gyuri. All students diverted their attention towards the front of the room, settling down to listen to their professor's lecture.

"I'll tell you later," Gyuri whispered and Mina nodded before the two of them opened their laptops and took notes for the next two hours. Depending on the day and time, lectures like these could get really tiring. Just sitting in your seat for hours and having to listen to a professor rant on and on- it wasn't always fantastic. Some professors made it worthwhile, but others were plain boring and made Gyuri want to fall asleep right there and then. She was, however, determined to graduate and if that meant paying attention in the lectures, that was what she was going to do.

When the professor signaled the lecture was over, Gyuri stretched out her body and let out a yawn. All the students rose from their seats and rushed out of the room, eager to get on with the rest of their day. Mina and Gyuri waited until the rest of the students in their row were gone before they left as well. As it was their final lecture of the day, they would be going home together with Mina driving them.

Before Mina started the car, she turned to Gyuri.

"What did you want to tell me earlier?"

Gyuri's face lit up, excited to tell her friend. "Right! I almost forgot. You know how I was friends with Mark Lee back in Canada, right?"

Mina simply nodded, being familiar with the stories of their childhood in the North American country. Gyuri had never used it as something to brag, but Mina had known her long enough to have heard her fair share of stories involving Mark Lee, whom she only knew as an idol but who used to be a close friend of her roommate's.