36.

"And then he said 'but seeing you again after all this time

"And then he said 'but seeing you again after all this time... it just...' and then he stopped,"

"You're kidding."

"Nope."

"He cut off his speech at the most vital part?"

"I don't know what to make of it either," Gyuri sighed. "I have no idea what he meant, what he was getting at. How do I interpret this?"

"Girl," Mina sighed, shaking her head. The two were sitting on their couch just after Mina had returned home to find a very distressed Gyuri. Mina had dropped everything to join her friend in the living room to talk about whatever happened. Mina had been surprised to hear about Mark's almost-confession. Only because she didn't expect him to be honest about it. She already suspected he must've had a crush on Gyuri at some point, that much was obvious to the girl.

Mina had to give it to Mark for being so open about it in the first place- from what she knew about him, he didn't seem very comfortable with these topics. However, he still gave up before he finished his sentence which only caused more confusion for Gyuri. Mina couldn't lie; she thought Mark and Gyuri were perfect for each other. However, if they didn't both feel the same, it shouldn't be forced. She wanted Gyuri to be honest about her feelings, more than anything.

"This is crazy, I'm not gonna lie. I never expected Mark to confess something like that," Mina said.

Gyuri leaned her head against the couch and turned her head to her friend. "What do I do now? After that conversation, things got so awkward. We were just sitting there. I had no idea what to say to him. And trust me," Gyuri said, "never have I ever not known what to talk about with him. I've never felt so awkward around him before. I hate it."

Mina nodded silently. It was obvious the whole situation was causing Gyuri a lot of worries as well as confusion. That was fair, though; how do you react when your best friend that you've known forever suddenly confesses to you, but also doesn't? Even though Mina saw the two together a lot, there was only so much she could say about their relationship. In the end, it was the two of them who had to make the calls. As much as Mina would like to pull some confession out of them, she wouldn't do that unless both of them were actually sure about their feelings. And where Mark seemed to be a little more in the clear about that, Gyuri was still clueless as ever about how she felt.

"You know," Mina spoke up. "The most important thing right now is to figure out how you actually feel. I know that's tough since everybody you know is pushing the Markenzie agenda onto you," she said. "But you have to separate yourself from those opinions and think about what you want, and what you feel."