74.

After the terrible ending to Byeongho's birthday party, the girls stayed in close contact with Bonhwa to make sure she was doing okay

After the terrible ending to Byeongho's birthday party, the girls stayed in close contact with Bonhwa to make sure she was doing okay. The events of the party had come like a blow to her, and she was feeling very down.

Still, the girl managed to pull herself back up. Life moved on, and so did she.

Gyuri was now preparing for a meeting with Miran and Jinhwan. Today was the day they'd sign the contracts to hand down the clinic to Gyuri. It was a special day, and Gyuri couldn't quite believe it was really happening.

As she stepped out of her car and walked toward the clinic, she found herself in awe at the thought that this building would be hers in a few hours. It would belong to her. She would run it, make the decisions, and she would be able to call this clinic her own. It was a dream come true.

Miran and Jinhwan knew this, and they awaited her inside with big smiles of pride. They had watched the girl grow exceptionally, not only as a person but also as a veterinarian. She had always shown great skill and understanding of the job and the pair had not once doubted that she was the right person to take over.

Gyuri greeted them, her stomach buzzing with excitement. She followed the couple into their office, where two contracts were laid out on the desk. One for them to sign, one for her. All the other paperwork had been taken care of before this meeting, so now it was simply a matter of signing over the clinic to Gyuri.

"What a day, huh?" Jinhwan smiled, noticing Gyuri's excitement.

"It really is," Gyuri replied. She watched as Miran took a pen and jotted her signature at the bottom of the contract, followed by Jinhwan. He then handed the pen to Gyuri, who took a deep breath before signing the contract.

That was it. She was now a veterinarian clinic owner.

Miran and Jinhwan happily clapped their hands and revealed a bottle of champagne with three glasses.

"I think this is cause for celebration!" Jinhwan said.

They poured themselves a glass of champagne and held them up for a small toast.

"To Gyuri, who will run this place like the boss that she is," Miran smiled. Gyuri clinked her glasses against theirs with a smile and sipped on the champagne. She looked around the office, trying to adjust to the fact that this was hers now.

"It doesn't feel real yet, does it?" Miran asked Gyuri. The girl nodded.

"That's because we still have to make the place yours. It's yours in name, but with a new owner must come a new look. And a new name."

Gyuri raised a brow. "Oh— I was planning on keeping the name. And the furniture... it's perfectly fine, isn't it?"

Miran scoffed and waved her hand. "Nonsense. This is all old junk. It's time for something new. We'll go shopping for some stuff later, okay?"