17.

Gyuri stood in the elevator, patiently waiting for it to reach the 5th floor

Gyuri stood in the elevator, patiently waiting for it to reach the 5th floor. This wasn't the floor where Mark's dorm was, but he had told Gyuri to come to the other dorm where he was hanging out with Taeyong. He had told her the right apartment number so when Gyuri reached apartment 57, she rang the bell and waited for the door to open.

She had no idea what to expect, she only knew Taeyong was there but surely he wasn't living there on his own. Gyuri had the suspicion that Johnny also lived in this dorm but her train of thought was interrupted when the front door opened with a comfortably dressed Mark behind it. He smiled at the sight of his friend and stepped to the side so she could enter before he quickly closed and locked the door.

"Yo dude," he said. He was dressed in black joggers and a white shirt that hugged his frame slightly. His hair was not styled and instead laid on his head without much volume to it.

"Yo," she replied, taking off her coat. It was a bit more chilly today due to a slight breeze and so Gyuri had decided against going out without a jacket since she didn't know when she would go home.

Gyuri followed him into the apartment and her eyes fell on a figure sitting at the dinner table. His sharp features contrasted his warm smile when he saw her. He stood up and walked over to meet the girl.

"Hi, you must be Mark's friend. I'm Taeyong," he said, bowing.

Gyuri bowed and smiled at him. "Yes, I'm Gyuri. Nice to meet you, Taeyong."

She felt at ease under the leader's kind demeanor. Mark walked over to the fridge and looked over at Gyuri.

"You want something to drink?"

"Sure, what do you have?" She said, walking over to inspect the fridge's contents. She noticed a carton of juice and took it out. Mark placed two glasses on the counter and let her pour the juice into them. Gyuri's eyes found Taeyong, who was immersed in his phone at the table.

"Do you want a glass, Taeyong?"

He looked up and noticed the carton in her hand before nodding. "Yeah, thanks."

Gyuri took another glass from the cabinet and poured a final glass before putting the juice back and taking the drinks to the table, where she and Mark sat down opposite Taeyong. While they enjoyed their refreshments, Gyuri and Taeyong engaged in casual conversation as did Mark. Taeyong asked about their friendship and the two laughingly told him some stories from when they were younger. Taeyong listened with a faint smile as the two Canadians recollected memories from their childhood.

Taeyong had recently heard Mark talk about this girl a lot, and he wasn't sure what to expect but now that he had met her, he could understand why she was so important to him. They had spent a big part of their lives together and knew each other very well, so it came as no surprise that they were both eager to continue their friendship now that they were older.