28.

Snuggled up under a blanket, Gyuri sat behind her desk while she scrolled through some notes on her laptop

Snuggled up under a blanket, Gyuri sat behind her desk while she scrolled through some notes on her laptop. A few candles were lit in her room and a (now empty) cup of tea stood on her desk.

It was a gloomy day with lots of rain and big clouds hanging over the city. She had been inside all day and had been studying and taking breaks on and off. She noticed her brain getting tired, however, and knew that she didn't have much energy left to put into studying before she had to stop for the day.

So she studied for a little while longer before she eventually closed her books and fell onto her bed with an exasperated sigh. She closed her eyes for a moment to fully let herself relax. She wrapped the blanket around herself tightly, sighing blissfully at the comfort it provided.

Then, she got up again and cleaned out her desk, for the most part, to get rid of the mess that she made while studying. Even though she was an organized person and usually had quite a clean room, things could get quite messy during a study session with notes, books, and pens scattered all over her desk.

She went down to the living room, where she noticed her phone on the couch, where she had left it to minimize the number of distractions around her when she studied. She picked it up and noticed some messages, the most recent ones from Ruby.

Ruby 💋

Heeyyyyyyy
The guys are all practicing for tour rn at this studio downtown
I was thinking of going over with some coffee n stuff
You wanna tag along???
16:58

Ooohhhh yeaa
Is that allowed??

Yeahhh dw about it
It's fine
The staff know me so they won't make a big deal if I bring you along

Alright then
What time??

Pick you up in 30 mins??

Sureeeee see youu

See yaaa

Gyuri smiled, excited to see the guys and Ruby again. She then glanced down at her outfit and remembered that she never planned to go out today, so she had to put in a little bit of work if she wanted to look presentable. The hours of studying had turned her hair into a pathetic-looking bun and her outfit consisted of worn-out sweats with an old pink T-shirt that seemed more fitting for a child than it did for her, but she wore it nonetheless.

She hurried upstairs and browsed through her closet quickly before pulling out some light jeans, a belt, and a plain white T-shirt. She did a very basic makeup look to cover up some spots that had appeared due to all the stress and to make herself look less tired than she was. Her hair was a hopeless case, since she hadn't washed it in a while and hadn't done anything with it the last few days but put it into buns and ponytails, so she just pulled it into a low bun and took some front pieces out in the hopes that it would look okay.