11.

Gyuri was organizing some folders in the office of the vet she worked at when a notification on her phone interrupted the silence that hung in the office

Gyuri was organizing some folders in the office of the vet she worked at when a notification on her phone interrupted the silence that hung in the office. She took the device out of her back pocket to check the message.

Mark

Heyyyy kenzie
I know this might be really sudden but me and johnny are going shopping today
We were wondering if you wanted to come along

Hellooooo mark
Wait fr???

Yeahh
I'd love for you to meet him

Oh wow
Lol

If you're busy or don't want to go that's okay I just wanted to ask

No no I'd love to meet him
He's an icon
I'm working rn tho

At the cafe??

Nopee at the vet

Ahh okay
What time do you get off

Uhhh in an hour

Okay great :)
If you send the address we can pick you up

Alright hold onn
[📍location]

Yesss thanks
See you later thennn

Yuppp see youu
13:04

She put her phone away again to continue her work. It had been a busy morning, but the chaos died down in the afternoon and so Gyuri had been assigned some things to do around the office to help out. Since the owners, Miran and Jinhwan, an elderly married couple, were not very up-to-date with all the technology, Gyuri often helped out with the digital tasks of their clinic.

She had been working for them for a few years now and felt really at home in their clinic. The place was filled with love, for animals as well as each other, and in general, there hung a nice atmosphere in the clinic. Gyuri had gotten a lot of opportunities in her time there, like getting to watch in on some complex surgeries and help out with procedures she wouldn't get to do somewhere else. The couple trusted and loved her like a daughter and she was eternally grateful to work with and for them.

It was tough to come across a couple that had been working together for so long yet still seemed so in love with each other and their jobs that they came to work happily all the time, but Miran and Jinhwan were the perfect exceptions. Any of Gyuri's days were easily brightened whenever she had to work at the clinic, simply because everyone treated her so nicely and took such good care of her.