14.

As Gyuri slowly awoke from her sleep the next day, the effects of the alcohol she consumed the night before were definitely noticeable

As Gyuri slowly awoke from her sleep the next day, the effects of the alcohol she consumed the night before were definitely noticeable. She'd had it worse many times before, but she still suffered from a headache and the usual grogginess that came along. She stayed in bed longer than she usually did, not quite feeling energetic enough to get up yet.

Toto, being the smart cat that he was, managed to open her door and hopped onto her bed to nuzzle into the soft fabric of Gyuri's bed. She felt the small dip in her mattress and squinted one eye open to see the grey cat next to her. She reached out and petted it softly, its body warmth transferring to her hands.

After a long process of waking up, Gyuri eventually got up, rubbing her eyes. She sighed, slowly making her way downstairs. Mina was still asleep and Gyuri made sure to let her, as the girl drank even more than she did. Charlie sensed her bad physical state and came over, rubbing his head against her legs comfortingly, and Gyuri pet his head.

She made herself a cup of water first to down some aspirin before anything else. She left the package out for Mina to use later and sat down at the dinner table, resting her face in her hands. It really wasn't all that bad; she just hated the feeling. But the fun night they had made it worth it. It was great to see the group together again and have fun together. Especially because they studied different things and had jobs and friends outside of it, they sometimes had a tough time getting together but they made it work.

Gyuri opened her phone after she had completely forgotten about it after last night. She saw some notifications in the group, the others letting each other know they made it home safely and wishing each other a good night. She had a text from her mom, asking about some random product they were talking about on the phone recently. She also noticed an Instagram DM from Mark.

She had completely missed it last night as she put her phone away after posting that story and didn't use it at all for the rest of the night. She simply liked his last chat, feeling it was useless to respond hours later. Only a little while later, his call popped up on her screen and Gyuri groaned at the loud noise of her ringtone.

"Hey," she sighed. She heard a chuckle from the other side.

"Rough night?"

"No. Rough morning."

"Ah," he said, understanding. "You okay?"

"Been better, been a lot worse. I'm fine."

"How are the others?"

"It seems most of them are still asleep, but I think they'll be okay."

"Good. Hey, I was wondering," he said, switching topics. "If you felt like coming over to the dorm later. We're free in the evening, so most of us are just planning to relax. We could watch a movie or something."