59.

Gyuri knew damn well what she was getting herself into when she walked into uni a few days later

Gyuri knew damn well what she was getting herself into when she walked into uni a few days later. She was scheduled to meet up with Eunha and Hyorin today to work on their group project, so Gyuri prepared herself for a good amount of frustration in the coming hour.

And frustrated she certainly was. The moment she entered the study room and met Eunha and Hyorin's disinterested gazes, she let out a sigh that went unnoticed by the two as they had already returned their attention to their phones.

To be completely fair, Gyuri did notice that the two girls had put in some effort this time and actually came prepared with finished work, although it wasn't a lot in comparison to the work Gyuri had been doing for the project. In these cases, she knew better than to try and get them to work, because, for people like Eunha and Hyorin, that was a lost cause. If they didn't like the circumstances of the project, they simply wouldn't participate.

Unfortunately for Gyuri, that meant she had to put in extra effort to finish it on time but luckily the project wasn't too big or complicated so they were still perfectly on track. Gyuri would make sure to let their teacher know of Eunha and Hyorin's lack of participation. She wasn't a petty person in the slightest, but she was not going to let them do whatever they wanted without consequences.

After two more hours of mostly working alone with the occasional (short) conversations with the two girls, Gyuri decided it was more than enough for the day. Not without a half-hearted goodbye did she leave the study room after other girls failed to reply, both too immersed in their phones again.

After doing a few of these study sessions with the two girls, Gyuri had learned not to let their attitudes get to her as much. It was a waste of brain cells. That's not to say it didn't annoy her though. Back in her car, she took a deep breath in and out to calm herself down. Knowing she was now off to see her boyfriend cheered her up and immediately dissolved some of her anger toward Eunha and Hyorin.

She arrived at the dorms late in the afternoon and ran into a familiar manager in the lobby, whom she greeted. He was on his way out, so Gyuri sent him a kind smile as she held the door open for him which he thanked her for. After spending more and more time with the members and their staff, Gyuri had realized how great of a team the group had around them. Fans often assumed their company didn't care about them because of the members' busy schedules but the staff they had around was like a family. Most of them had been working with the group since before they debuted, so they were all very close and showed great care for each other.

Just as Gyuri waited for the door to open after ringing the doorbell, she received a text and checked to see who it was from. To her dismay, it was in the group chat with Eunha and Hyorin, where the latter complained she didn't understand what Gyuri had written. Gyuri couldn't understand why they kept asking for explanations in the group chat when they had access to the internet, which would provide them with faster and better information. Gyuri didn't open the message, leaving the girl to figure it out herself before Mark opened the door. Her frown immediately disappeared and she smiled. Mark stretched out his hand, which she held onto as he pulled her inside.