49.

It had been a long time since Gyuri had seen the inside of a hospital

It had been a long time since Gyuri had seen the inside of a hospital. That was a good thing, of course. The last time she'd been in a hospital was when Byeongho had fallen down the stairs when he was drunk, and they rushed him there to get him checked out. Luckily for him, he was so out of it that he hadn't even felt any pain. Less fortunate were the several injuries he got from it.

Gyuri now sat up on the side of a hospital bed as a nurse rummaged around in a drawer. After monitoring Gyuri, the nurses had decided she didn't need another dose of epinephrine and instead they observed her closely as the allergic reaction died down. It didn't take very long, what took the most time was Gyuri's panic to dissolve as she was very shaken up by what happened. It had been so long since she had gotten an allergic reaction that she'd almost forgotten how it felt, but this experience was a very strong reminder of the discomfort a nut allergy could put you through.

After about an hour and a half in the hospital, Gyuri was free to leave and she walked over to the boys who were still in the waiting area. Mark rushed up to her as soon as he caught sight of her and took her arm gently.

"Hey! How you feeling?" He asked softly and scanned her face to see, to his relief, that all the swelling was gone. Her skin was back to its normal color as well, any sign of redness had disappeared.

"I'm all good, don't worry," she reassured, squeezing his hand.

"Gyuri," Yuta said from beside Mark. "I'm so so sorry, I didn't know about your allergy but I should've checked and-"

"Yuta-san," Gyuri joked and saw a small relief on Yuta's face. "Don't worry about it, okay? I'm not mad at you. Everything is fine, let's just go home. I don't like hospitals."

"Me neither," Jungwoo agreed and the four of them made their way out of the hospital. Mark kept his hand on the small of Gyuri's back as they walked to the car, scanning the area to make sure nobody was around taking pictures.

Gyuri sighed as she let herself drop into the car seat and tilted her head so she could see Mark. He raised a brow and smiled faintly.

"Thanks for... reacting so quickly. I didn't even realize what was happening, and you were already thinking about my EpiPen and everything."

"Ah," Mark nodded. "It's nothing, really. I recognized the symptoms from that one time back in Canada. I did some research on your allergy after that because it scared me so bad back then," Mark chuckled softly.

Gyuri picked up his hand and stared at it, immersed in her thoughts. "Thanks for saving me, bestie." She smiled up at him and he chuckled before kissing her hand. "No problem, bestie."