46.

Gyuri constantly found herself to be in a haze of giddiness after what happened with her and Mark

Gyuri constantly found herself to be in a haze of giddiness after what happened with her and Mark. She couldn't get the ecstatic feeling of the kisses off her mind, constantly remembering how her lips had tingled and her skin had erupted in goosebumps. It had been so long since she had felt a sensation like this, and even then she couldn't remember ever feeling this blissful.

Everywhere she went, she had a silly smile planted on her face unconsciously as her mind kept repeating the kiss and the moments before it. She felt like a teenager in love, giggling and blushing whenever her mind would go back to the kiss.

Mark had left late that night, after a long conversation about this new step in their relationship and how they would go about it. They had already decided not to tell anyone right away, simply because they wanted to enjoy each other in secret for a little while. It wouldn't come as a shock to anybody, so for now they wanted to keep it a secret and spend some alone time without everybody going crazy over it.

As they had laid together on Gyuri's bed, immersed in random conversation while their low voices sounded through the room, Gyuri felt at peace. She kept looking at Mark's face as a surreal feeling washed over her. She couldn't believe it was real, that he was real and they were there together. She could finally admire him freely without her mind telling her not to. On their sides, the two youngsters kept eye contact as they went through periods of talking and silence interchangeably. A lot of the time, they found themselves so immersed in the moment that they forgot to speak, simply too overwhelmed by it all.

After he had left, Gyuri had quickly fallen into a wonderful sleep in which one certain person played the protagonist of her dreams. She woke up in a state of bliss, feeling more well-rested and content than ever before.

The smile on Gyuri's face was immediately noticed by Miran, who saw the girl as she walked into the clinic that morning. The woman raised a brow and smiled at the young girl's happy expression which rubbed off on her. Gyuri was one of those people whose smile lit up a room and brought a smile onto your own face as well.

Miran sneakily followed the girl into the back after greeting her, eager to find out what was going on for the girl to look so happy this early December morning. She waited by the door, observing Gyuri as she took off her coat and exchanged it for a white lab coat.

"What has gotten you so smiley?" Miran asked, taking a sip of her tea with a smile. Gyuri looked up, surprised to see that Miran had followed her and chuckled softly, facepalming herself for feeling so giddy. She figured Miran was someone she could tell, because she wasn't connected to either of their friends in any way and was trustworthy enough not to tell anybody else. Besides, it felt only right that Miran knew because Gyuri couldn't promise she wouldn't daydream away every so often today.

"Well," she sighed happily, "you know my friend, the one I recently reunited with?" Miran nodded and allowed Gyuri to go on.

"We kissed yesterday," Gyuri smiled and Miran gasped softly. She quickly put down her teacup and clapped her hands together before walking over to Gyuri.