70.

The morning that followed was blissful as the lovers woke up late in a state of delight

The morning that followed was blissful as the lovers woke up late in a state of delight. The bedsheets crumpled as they awoke slowly and moved around, trying desperately to extend their peaceful sleep.

Mark was the first one to open his eyes, blinking slowly to adjust to the light. His eyes fell on Gyuri beside him and a warm feeling filled his heart as he went over their night together. He never knew one could feel so deeply connected to somebody else, but the connection he shared with her had strengthened even more now.

Mark softly brushed a strand of hair out of Gyuri's face, revealing more of her face which he could stare at all day. He knew she was awake, because her breaths were irregular, and her eyes soon fluttered open to meet his gaze. She smiled softly before a yawn escaped her lips.

"Good morning," she croaked.

Mark smiled and caressed her cheek gently. "Good morning," he replied, his voice a little hoarse from just waking up. His chest felt full of love while he looked at the girl. Truthfully, he had worried a lot about his first time with Gyuri but in the moment everything had felt so right that he hadn't had a moment to worry about anything else. His mind had been a constant echo of Kenzie, Kenzie, Kenzie and all of his other thoughts had slipped away one by one each time he had looked at her, had felt her touch and kissed her lips.

In the heat of the moment he barely had gotten a moment to breathe, let alone think about how special this was but now that he was looking at her in the morning light seeping through the curtains, he thought it a blessing to be able to love someone so deeply. He wanted nothing more than to be hers forevermore, just like she was his.

Gyuri, too, felt a rush of fate tugging her toward him more than ever. She didn't want to leave his side, ever. Just like Mark, she had certain worries before, mainly about her past experiences possibly affecting her sex life in the future but Mark had single-handedly healed every last part of her with the unconditional love and respect he showed her. The word "sex" wasn't something scary anymore, something she'd avoid, it now was a beautiful connection between the two of them and something she could cherish and dared to long for again.

She enjoyed the warmth of her bed with his body close to hers and exhaled slowly. Mark was the first one to get up, tiptoeing to the bathroom to freshen up. Gyuri followed suit a little while later when Mark went down to the kitchen. It was only the two of them and the pets, Mina had already taken off for work. That meant that, for now, they could exist within their own little bubble without any disruptions.

Gyuri joined Mark in the kitchen, seeing the boy leaning over the fridge to scan for a suitable breakfast that would provide him with the energy he needed for his day of schedules. With the comeback date of NCT DREAM's third full album fixed, his schedule was starting to get busier again (if it wasn't already). Gyuri could sense the stress increasing, even if he didn't say anything. He didn't always need to. He had to know that Gyuri could tell from her comforting words and pats on the back when he'd come back to her after a long day.