7.

"Honestly dude, it's so cool you're like, actually in uni now

"Honestly dude, it's so cool you're like, actually in uni now. Like you always planned,"

"It is if you ignore the shit ton of work it gives me," Gyuri chuckled.

"But you're good at that, right? You were always a good student in school," Mark said as he remembered how the two of them were some of the nicest, well-behaved students in their school.

"Yeah, I make it work. It's not easy, but I get through it eventually,"

"Imagine if I never moved to Korea- yo imagine if we had gone to uni together," Mark fantasized.

"That would have been the best, oh my god," Gyuri whined, taking a sip of her drink after. "What would you have studied?"

Mark bit his lip, thinking. "I don't know man... maybe something literature related,"

Gyuri hummed in agreement as she could very well picture Mark as a literature major. He had always liked writing and he had a talent for it, so something to do with language and writing seemed very fitting for him.

"Damn, we could've like, gone to uni together and studied together... Woah," he said, trailing off.

"Now we eat in fancy restaurants together,"

Mark looked up and nodded with a chuckle as he continued to eat his food. They had ordered another round of food, all the different Korean dishes taking up every last part of the big table they were seated at.

"Are you still planning on opening your own clinic eventually?" Mark questioned. It had been one of Gyuri's biggest dreams ever since she was little, and he couldn't help but wonder if anything had changed that. The smile creeping onto Gyuri's face told him enough.

"Definitely," she stated without hesitation. "Still my big dream."

"I can definitely picture that happening," Mark said making Gyuri smile.

"I hope so. Someday," she smiled.

"When are you done with your studies anyway?" He asked.

"Well, if everything goes well I have my master's at the end of this year, and then it's another four years to get my doctorate."

Mark's mouth fell slightly agape. "Wait- woah, that's a long time man. You'll be... what, 26?"

Gyuri nodded, also finding it a crazy idea. "Yup."

"Woah," Mark breathed. "That's dedication dude. Respect,"

Gyuri chuckled at that and thanked him for his words. The truth was, it was all she ever knew to do. Never had she ever had any other idea of what she wanted to do, what she wanted to be. And so, even if it would take years, she would give everything to become a vet. During the tough times, she'd remind herself of the little girl inside who would be so proud of her for following her dreams. She was doing it for little Kenzie just as much as she was doing it for future Gyuri.