35.

The crisp November air caused Gyuri's breaths to turn into little puffs of smoke as she stepped out of her car

The crisp November air caused Gyuri's breaths to turn into little puffs of smoke as she stepped out of her car. She pulled her beanie further over her head, wanting to hide away in the warmth it offered. She locked her car and buried her hands in her pockets before she made her way to the entrance of the apartment building. It wasn't a long walk at all, but today was one of these days where the weather had decided to go a little crazy and turn Seoul into a chilly city.

For a change, there were no sasaengs outside of the apartment building. Gyuri guessed it was because of the weather, even though they usually didn't seem to mind standing outside in the cold for hours. Maybe they'd decided to do something useful, for once.

On her way up in the elevator Gyuri blew some air into her hands, which had turned ice cold from the chilly steering wheel of her car. After being parked in an underground garage for a while, the inside of her car wasn't a great place to warm up. She hopped a little from side to side to warm herself before the elevator dinged and Gyuri rang the doorbell of the boys' apartment.

Mark opened the door soon enough, smiling as Gyuri came into view. He noticed her reddened cheeks and how they accentuated her soft smile as she stepped inside. Mark smiled to himself as he watched her take off her coat and hat even though she was still clearly cold. They then hurried to his room, where Gyuri immediately dove under the covers. Sighing, she closed her eyes.

"That's better."

Mark chuckled softly and sat down next to her with his back against the headrest. He pulled the duvet over his legs and looked down at the girl beside him, who hugged the cover tightly to her body. She opened her eyes and looked up at Mark.

"You been outside today?"

He shook his head. "No, but I'm guessing it's cold?"

Gyuri groaned. "Too cold. I hate it. You're lucky for not to have gone outside today."

"Oh yes, I feel very lucky."

"You should also feel very lucky for me coming all this way in the cold to see you."

"Of course. Your presence is greatly appreciated, madam."

"Thank you, kind sir," Gyuri nodded courtly before turning to lay on her back. "This weather reminds me of Canada, not gonna lie."

Mark hummed and glanced out of the window, seeing the gray clouds that reminded him of home. The corners of the glass were decorated by little ice crystals, another indicator of how strangely cold today was. It was only early November, which usually meant the temperature started dropping gradually. However, today it was nearing zero.

"Remember when winter would come around and we'd run to the lake every morning to see if it had frozen yet?" Mark chuckled, recalling the two youngsters' memories on the ice. It used to be his favorite thing about winter; going out to skate on the frozen lake near their neighborhood with all the other kids. Whether they'd play ice hockey or just skate around, it was always a good time.