5.

"I seriously doubt I can finish this in time for the deadline," Gyuri said to Mina as the two were working on a paper for one of their classes

"I seriously doubt I can finish this in time for the deadline," Gyuri said to Mina as the two were working on a paper for one of their classes. They were at home, sitting across from each other at the dinner table.

"For real... I might have to pull an all-nighter sometime this week if I want to get this done," Mina sighed, leaning back and scanning over her work.

The sounds of Gyuri's fingers typing away on her laptop were interrupted when her phone rang. She flipped it over, checking who it was but she didn't have the number saved in her contacts. She furrowed her brows when she noticed the country code that indicated the call was coming from Canada.

"Hello?" She picked up.

"Hello, is this Mackenzie Choi?" A woman on the other line asked. Gyuri's face showed confusion as to who was calling her, and Mina halted her activities to listen to the call.

"That's me. Who's this?"

"Mackenzie, hi dear! It's been so long. It's Mijin."

Gyuri gasped, heart warming at the familiar name that brought about so much love and memories.

"Mrs. Lee? Oh my god!" She exclaimed, standing up out of excitement. She looked at Mina, mouth agape with twinkling eyes.

Mark's mom? She mouthed and Gyuri nodded, earning a smile from Mina. At Gyuri's feet, Charlie had joined her with a wiggling tail after he had noticed his owner's excitement. Gyuri pet his head, smiling.

"How have you been?" Gyuri asked.

"I've been great, dear. I got your number from your mom, I hope that's okay."

"Of course!"

"How are you, how are things at university?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"It's all going very well," Gyuri smiled, walking through the room. "I'm currently getting my master's degree."

"Oh wow," Mark's mom gasped excitedly, "that's fantastic, Mackenzie. I'm happy to hear that. I always knew you would do well."

Gyuri's smile grew at the kind words and she plopped down on the couch, comfortably leaning back as she continued the conversation with the woman she hadn't spoken to in so long.

"How are Jay and your husband?" Gyuri asked, referring to Mark's brother and father.

"Oh, they're just great. Jay has a great job now, he's very happy."

Gyuri's cat, Toto, joined her by hopping onto the couch and laying down on her lap. Gyuri softly let her fingers trail along its fur and watched as the cat purred happily.

"Mark called me yesterday, all excited. He told me you guys reunited. Ah," she heard the woman sigh happily, "I was so happy to hear it. You guys make such a good pair, it was a shame that the distance broke your friendship apart."