Chapter 7

Chapter 7

    Lin Nuan lay on the bed, looking at the bandage wrapped around her right foot, all she could think about was the scene when Pei Xu carried her to the school infirmary this morning. She felt that she must be crazy, to think about a person who killed her in her previous life in her own room on her own bed!

    She must be crazy, or she has Stockholm Syndrome!

    Wake up! Lin Nuan patted her head with her hands, so that she could get out of this kind of thoughts as soon as possible.

    But this method obviously doesn't work! Her heart was very disturbed. The scent of lemon on Pei Xu's body seemed to be still lingering in her nostrils, and she couldn't get rid of it no matter what.

    Lin Nuan lay down and covered her head with the quilt, trying to make herself fall asleep as soon as possible. When she falls asleep, she won't think about those messy things, Lin Nuan thought so.

    But as soon as she closed her eyes, she saw the scene of Pei Xu hugging her again.

    Lin Nuan: "..."

    It's impossible to sleep, unless someone knocks her out with a stick, but it's obviously not practical.

    Helpless, she could only lift the quilt and stare blankly at the led crystal chandelier above her head. The warm yellow light made her thoughts blurry. Looking at Lin Nuan, she seemed to have returned to the scene this morning: Pei Xu walked forward with her in his arms, Lu Yicheng stood behind them, and the The blue umbrella seemed to become a foil with him.

    Lin Nuan clearly loved him so much in her previous life, but when Pei Xu picked her up, all her attention fell on him. She didn't even look at Lu Yicheng. I don't know when he went back and how long he stood there.     The only thing she remembered was that Pei Xu carried her to the infirmary afterwards. The moment he put himself down, Lin Nuan could clearly see that the white shirt on his body was already wet from the rain.     She was about to say thank you, but Pei Xu had already turned around and left without even saying a word. Lin Nuan thought, he probably still hated herself in his heart. Helping myself is also because I saved Grandma Pei.

    It must be like this, Lin Nuan told herself. Otherwise, he has no reason to do so.

    The night was already deep, and there were stars outside the window. Lin Nuan knew that this night was destined to be a sleepless night for her.

    Because of the sprained ankle, Lin Nuan lay at home for a few more days. Mother Lin saw that she had a lot of troubles during this period: she was hit on the head with a wine bottle for a while, was almost kidnapped for a while, and sprained her feet for a while, so she specially asked someone to ask for a talisman to give her.

    Lin Nuan: "Mom, we are a Marxist society, please don't believe in these things, okay?"

    Lin's mother: "Go, go, see how unlucky you have been during this time? Why don't you take something to defend yourself?" ! Let me tell you, this talisman is good, from now on, you will carry it with me every day, do you hear me?!"

    Mother Lin's attitude was so strong that Lin Nuan didn't dare to refuse her. She was afraid that once she rejected the wife of the chairman of the Lin Group, the bank card that she finally returned to her hand would be confiscated again.

    She can't get along with anyone, not even money. She looked at Mama Lin and nodded obediently, and then carefully put away the peace talisman in her hand.

    She lay in bed for another two days and then went to school. That day she had just walked out of the school gate, when Pei Shan and Grandma Pei stopped her together: "Miss Lin."

    "Grandma Pei?" Lin Nuan was a little surprised, and called after seeing Grandma Pei. "Why are you here?"

    "I came to see you." Grandma Pei said.

    "Looking for me?"

    Grandma Pei smiled: "I heard from Pei Shan that she came to ask you to have dinner at my house a few days ago, but you didn't agree, so I wanted to come to you in person and let you go to our house for dinner "

    "Grandma Pei, you don't have to be so polite." Lin Nuan said immediately after hearing what she said.

    Grandma Pei still smiled: "Miss Lin, if you are free today, come to our house for dinner."

    Lin Nuan just wanted to refuse, but Grandma Pei continued: "Look, you saved my life and helped us so much, I haven't thanked you enough yet. If you don't mind, come and have dinner at our house today Meal, I'll cook you a delicious meal myself."

    "Grandma Pei, you really don't have to be so polite." Lin Nuan said, "I saved you not to make you thank me."

    "I know." Pei Grandma said, "But..." Before Grandma Pei finished speaking, she began to cough violently. Because of the complexion she had just undergone the operation, she was slightly pale in the sun.

    "Grandma Pei, are you okay?" Lin Nuan hurriedly stepped forward to support her and asked.

    Grandma Pei shook her head: "It's okay, it's okay." She tried her best to squeeze out a smile on her wrinkled face, as if she wanted to keep Lin Nuan and Pei Shan from worrying.

    Lin Nuan's eyes darkened. She couldn't bear to refuse Grandma Pei again, so she looked at her and said, "Okay, Grandma Pei, I'll go to your house for dinner today, but you have to promise me something."

    "What's the matter, you say?" Grandma Pei asked.

    "Don't call me Miss Lin from now on, just call me Nuan Nuan, that's what my parents and my brother call me." Lin Nuan said.

    "Okay." Grandma Pei nodded, looked at her and called out, "Nuan Nuan."

    Lin Nuan smiled, and then she went to their house with Grandma Pei.