Chapter 9

Chapter 9

    The starry night sky is very quiet, only the sound of the breeze gently blowing past the ears.

    Lin Nuan walked forward with Pei Xu, the shadows of the two people were stretched long by the streetlights. It's not that Lin Nuan had never been alone with Pei Xu in her previous life, but every time, they were cynic or tit-for-tat.

    She knew that Pei Xu hated herself, and she also looked down on Pei Xu's birth. Even if he later climbed to the pinnacle of life and was sitting on hundreds of millions of assets, Lin Nuan still looked down upon him.

    But in this life, her state of mind is completely different. From the moment she saw Pei Xu, she was full of fear for him. She clearly remembered the last words Pei Xu said before she died -

    "Lin Nuan, you can't beat me."

    Yes, she couldn't beat him. In her previous life, she worked hard and tried all means, but in the end she only ended up with a car crash and death.

    So in this life, she has to stay far away from this person.

    But fate made her and Pei Xu walk forward under such moonlight, Lin Nuan felt like it was a dream. But what made her even more puzzled was her current mood. She should obviously be afraid of Pei Xu, but for some reason, her mind recalled the scene when Pei Xu picked her up in the rain that day. His chest was very broad at that time, through the white shirt, Lin Nuan seemed to be able to hear the sound of his heart beating. Once or twice, sonorous and powerful.

    Lin Nuan felt that she must be crazy, to think about these messy things at this moment. She secretly looked at Pei Xu, and saw that he was walking forward, with no expression on his indifferent face.

    It was as if Lin Nuan didn't exist from the beginning to the end.

    Lin Nuan felt a little unconvinced in her heart, but after thinking about it, Pei Xu didn't like herself in the first place, and his dislike for him in the previous life was deep in his bones. It's actually good to ignore yourself like this now.

    She followed Pei Xu and walked forward, but within a few steps, Pei Xu stopped.

    Lin Nuan was feeling strange, but suddenly saw two people standing in front of her. The man's figure is tall and straight, like a lighthouse in the night, gathering a thousand zhang rays of light, directly hitting people's souls; the woman is as gentle as autumn water and night, making people unable to take their eyes away at a glance.

    Lin Nuan never expected to meet Lu Yicheng and Chu Yufei here. She was used by Lu Yicheng in her previous life, and later she was always against Chu Yufei, and even teamed up with Pei Xu to try her best to separate the two of them. In the end, he tied himself in a cocoon, wiped away the last trace of guilt towards her in Lu Yicheng's heart, and at the same time let himself die in the raging fire.

    All kinds of past lives came to mind again, and Lin Nuan felt bitter in her heart. Especially when she saw Lu Yicheng holding Chu Yufei's hand tightly.

    The only one he loved from beginning to end was Chu Yufei. For her, there is only endless resentment and exploitation. He may have felt a little bit of guilt towards her once, after her family was destroyed. But in the end, only disgust remained.

    Lin Nuan can no longer stand here, she must leave here quickly. Whether it was in front of Lu Yicheng and Chu Yufei, or by Pei Xu's side, it was a kind of torment for her.

    She was about to pick up her steps to leave, but Chu Yufei called out at this moment: "Pei Xu, why are you here?"

    Pei Xu didn't speak, and Chu Yufei's eyes fell on Lin Nuan at this moment: "This Is this your friend?"