Chapter 9~The Party

*Elizabeth's POV*

"Keep your eyes closed Liz! It's nearly done! Okay, go put this dress on!" She ordered. Huffing I went to go change grabbing the essentials on the way. Once I was ready I took my first look at the dress, it was stunning. The royal blue dress was floor-length, encrusted with gems around the neckline. It was simply stunning. Carefully I slipped into the dress and fixed my hair before walking out. My sister was standing wearing a beautiful red evening gown that fitted her to perfection, joys of having tailors I suppose. "That dress looks incredible on you! You will blow that mate of yours away!" she praised. Pulling out my phone I checked the time 8:56 pm, we had four minutes before we were due to arrive. Together I and my sister linked arms before heading downstairs. As we descended, I looked on with wonder as we passed decoration after decoration. The whole palace had been decorated head to toe because this was not only my homecoming party it was also a celebrating of my sister finding her mate. However, I was thankful for this development as it directed less attention my way and I HATED attention. When we approached the grand door we were joined by James, Lily's mate. The criers noticed us and signalled for the trumpets to begin. As the tune started up my sister and James interlocked hands and entered to cheers and cries. When my turn came thought, I had butterflies dancing around in my stomach as I hopped anxiously on my feet. "Please welcome her Royal Highness Princess Elizabeth Knight!" That was my signal to enter. As I entered I was greeted by awe eyes and many glances thrown my way full of jealousy but one stare caught my attention.

It was him.

His gaze was a mixture of wonder, surprise and lust. Ignoring him I turned my gaze to my sister and carried on down the spiral staircase. My sister's eyes sparkled as she watched the exchange with amusement. "I'm glad I am a source of entertainment for you!" I hissed under my breath. She would be hearing from me later. Thankfully that girl was not here, else I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue seeing her flirt with my mate.

*Dylan's POV*

Today has been surprising, to say the least. I was expected to attend the ball, held in honour of the girl who'd punched Sarah. Although knowing Sarah I can't blame her for the punch. As I buttoned my suit up I couldn't help picturing that girl earlier, she was feisty that was for sure but she was the princess plus Jake had already called her. Now many of you have probably guessed; I'm a player. I have no mate and I dread finding mine, that would result in me becoming tied down and I don't want that. No girl should have that kind of power. A knock interrupted my thinking "Hey Dylan you ready to crash this thing?" questioned Jake my best friend. I smirked, "Of course I just need to grab my plaything!" I exclaimed. I swear I could see his smile from behind the door. I exited and we fist pumped before heading to Sarah's room. I barged in not bothering with knocking and surprised a dressed Sarah. She was wearing the skimpiest outfit, and so much makeup she looked orange but I didn't care. I grabbed her and led her to the entrance of the hall. Jake followed, chuckling. We entered and I approached the crier "Alpha Dylan and his slut!" I asked. The crier looked confused but seeing the lineup cried out "Alpha Dylan and his slut!" The whole room laughed and I felt Sarah gasp before pushing me away and running out. Shrugging I carried on until I reached the dance floor. Jake soon joined me, giving me a smirk. Suddenly the room silenced and the trumpets sounded. Cheers, however, broke out as outwalked the queen and her new mate. The prestigious couple acknowledged us before walking to stand on the side. Once again the ballroom fell into a silence "Please welcome her Highness Princess Elizabeth Knight!" announced the crier. My wolf began to grow restless and suddenly I caught a mouthwatering scent, it smelled like fresh grass and freshly baked cookies. Entering the room was the most beautiful girl ever. Her black locks were perfectly curled and matched her royal blue dress, hemmed with gems. I was breathless and looked on with lust, wonder and surprise. She caught my eyes and we gazed at each other "Mate! Go to mate!" screamed my wolf, Xavier. I was so lost in her piercing green eyes that I didn't see her look of disgust before she pulled away from me. Hurt flooded me and I physically cringed at her expression. At that moment I vowed I would figure out what I'd done to upset her and I would fix it. I would claim her as my mate......