Chapter 52~ Secrets

This is dedicated to @wolf829 for her amazing comments that made me smile and for voting

*Elizabeth's POV*

I couldn't believe it. I screamed and screamed again, my mind in absolute shock. The girl in front of me was Sydney, my friend from school. Jumping up I raced to her locking my arms around her. Returned the hug she winced a bit at my strength and I slackened off but not before I heard the growl. Reactively I spun around, eyeing the two potential boys in front of me. My eyes locked on mason "Oh my God, oh my god you're mates aren't you? Ahhhhhh!" I screamed, craning my neck back and forth between the two of them. Looks of surprise crossed their faces, Sydney's face being the most shocked while Mason's was slightly less. Both shocked they looked to each other for comfort and their eyes met, locking together as emotions swirled between them "AWWWWWWWW!" I cooed. In sync they both blushed and looked away. "You guys are so cute together why you didn't tell me sooner?!" I asked, faking my sadness and placing my hand over my heart for effect. "We're really sorry but I didn't know and Mason had just explained things to me so I was a little distance at first, but we've worked things out now. I know everything and it's amazing!" Sydney pipped up, her voice growing more awestruck as she carried on. So caught up in the adorable soap opera playing before me I didn't hear the door swing open until I smelt the alluring smell of Dylan. My wolf started to purr and instantaneously I rushed up to him. Amazed at my reaction, he only had seconds to fling open his arms in time to catch me. "Well this is certainly a welcome I hadn't expected!" he whispered into my ear cheekily. I pulled back away smiling, I had decided to give him another chance and I intended to take full advantage.

Looking round at the faces of my friends I saw the strangest expressions from Mason and Sydney and a very worrying glare from Chase. His fists were clenched and he was purposely avoiding my eyes. Turning away I peered up at Dylan, he looked like he's taken some time to freshen up and stuff today, which showed from his widely styled hair. "So my little warrior wolf I would like to discuss some things with you alone? Is it okay if I steal you only for an hour or so from your friends? I can drop you back here after?' He inquired, motioning the others but mainly focusing on me. Touched by his thoughtfulness once again I happily nodded before turning to explain to the twins and Sydney. I had just only opened my mouth when Chase bitterly remarked "Oh its fine you go ahead with your boyfriend, we'll see you later." He answered dully yet with a strong tone of anger. I began to open my mouth to protest but he slammed it shut " We don't need you here anyway not when you have more important things to attend to!" he muttered. His words stung and I felt hurt rise up inside me, desperately I turned to Mason and Sydney, who looked quite frankly embarrassed. Growling Dylan pulled me close, turning my head inwards to his comforting chest "You can't speak to Liz like that! Not only is she your friend she is also your princess so you should respect her!" he yelled, his voice booming all around. I heard a quiet voice reply but it was muffled, due to being pressed against Dylan's now tear stained shirt, but Dylan heard it and it angered him greatly. Pushing me behind him he lunged for Chase but not before I grabbed him arm, steadying him "Please Dylan it's not worth it lets just go!" I moaned, tugging at his arm. At my calming touch he froze and retreated, hugging me "Okay little tiger let's go!" he told me. So we did, we left.

~Two hours later~

As Dylan recounted the story I grew more and more upset and shocked. We were sitting by the lake in the forest, our feet dangling in the water. "So my mum and dad met when they were in high school and like usual mates they fell in love straight way. They continued their relationship all through high school, it was only when they graduated university that they married and had me. We were a normal family but that was only until my grandfather passed the position of alpha down to my father. Then everything went haywire. Being the alpha's son I got the best school education and the best presents and the best everything really, it was the life to live. I think the power of being alpha got a bit to my father's head and then when my mum died everything was like 'boom'. I can't explain it. My father stepped down and I took over but I was so young. Luckily my uncle guided me a lot so he was like my advisor. I mean my father wasn't the same person after my mother's death but is anyone who has to experience that....? I'm getting off topic, the whole point of this story was to get you to understand that when my mother died, there was something strange about it all. As you know she died in a rogue attack but the weird part is that they never found the body. It was discarded as a pointless detail but I could never let it go. See I have a feeling that it wasn't just a random attack, I somehow think it was linked to your parents death." He explained, his voice lowering at the end. Sensing the sadness and longing within him I quickly added "First thing first I need to tell you is that you're a perfectly normal human being and that I think your right. I agree there is something fishy going on here and we have to get to the bottom of it!" I started, seriously. He looked stunned for a minute before he burst out laughing. "There's something fishy going on here and we need to get to the bottom of it! Only you my little warrior wolf would think of something like that! Only you!" He chuckled. Upset he was laughing, I pouted like a child. Almost instantly in reaction to my pout Dylan stopped laughing. He leaned down and surprised me greatly but full on kissing me. The kiss was unreal. Our lips touched elegantly as if in a dance, our faces entrapped together. It was amazing, so amazing that I lost track of everything around me including the guy watching us.

*Unknown POV*
I watched them day and night, every day. Her life was starting to get entertaining. I'd even made bets on who get the girl, it was like a Hollywood movie. On the other hand no matter any fun and games I still watched and waited. Waiting for the signal to go in. To strike out. Just waiting...