Chapter 11~Sleepover and the mark

*Elizabeth's POV*

The ball drew to a close soon after that. Since that dance I have been in a daze, the unbelievable power of just his touch sent my wolf into a frenzy. Tired and worn out I approached my sister, "Excuse me but I'm going to go and get some rest. Do you need me tomorrow?" I drearily asked. My sister shook her head "Nope you can sleep in! I only need you in the afternoon we're going to the beach! I can't wait!" she exclaimed. Excitement bubbled inside of me. Finally a day outside of the palace grounds. I moved my way through the parting crowd and exited the grand room.

Once I was clear of the curious eyes I rested my tired head against the pillar. "Hey, why you look so glum?" asked a familiar voice. I swung around and squealed "OMG you startled me! Don't make a girl jump like that Clarity!" I chided. Looking at my best friend I smiled, although it had only been a little bit since I last saw her I still missed her. I had seen Clarity only a few weeks ago when she was travelling looking for her mate so I wasn't as depraved as her as I was of anyone else. She chuckled and pulled me in for a hug "I missed my best friend! I only got to see you briefly before I had to leave again, but I'm back now so we need to have a girl's day!" she blurted. I only hugged her tightly before pulling back "So how's your brother?" I chorused. She nodded, beaming "He's doing great actually, he says hello!" she told me. Silence befell the two of us as we moved deeper into thought. That was how our friendship worked. Neither one of us pried into each other's lives, we could be separated for years yet we would still be friends. We were both so different yet alike at the same time. On the other hand, she was the girly one of us two and me the more tomboyish one. That is why we were best friend though. "Hey so tomorrow I and my sister are going to the beach and her mate's coming so I want yo....." I was suddenly interrupted "Of course I'm coming, who you'd think I am to turn down the beach? Girl did aliens possess you or something while I was gone?" she gushed. I burst into giggles at her statement. "I'm tired so I'm going to go up, want to have a sleepover? I'm only going to see you at the crack of dawn anyway!" I concluded. She nodded her head "Sure thing let's go!" and so off we went.

~The next morning~

I woke to a loud scream. "AWWWWWWW you didn't tell me you found your mate! You evil person how could you not tell me, your best friend for like forever and ever that you had a mate!" screamed Clarity throwing a pillow at me. I pushed myself into an upright position "Hey first could you keep it down I have a headache from last night! Second I was planning to but then I got distracted!" I told her, rubbing my forehead to ease the pain. Before you ask I don't have a hangover, no I just stayed up most of the night watching scary movies with Clarity. Let me tell you that girl sure screams. "Hey show me the mark then??" she asked, pointing at my shoulder. As I pulled my tank top strap aside I recalled a similar reaction from Lauren when she saw my mark yesterday...

~Memory~

As I walked in I saw dust rise slightly with my gentle breathing. The light streamed in, allowing light to every nook and cranny of the deserted library. My footsteps drummed against the hard, wooden boards. I called out for anyone but no one replied. Helpless in what I was looking for I began to stroll around mindlessly. Suddenly a voice called my name "Hey Liz, what are you doing?" hollered Lauren. I turned to meet her "Oh nothing just looking for a book on something I'm curious about, that's all!" I replied. She nodded "Well can I help?" she chirped. "Okay, you caught me! I wasn't actually looking for a book, no I just wanted some peace and quiet." I confessed. She looked joyful at my confession but her smile soon disappeared as worry lines began to crease her forehead. "Elizabeth Catherine Knight what is that on your shoulder?" demanded Lauren. I laughed dryly "It's better if I show you!" I said, pulling my shirt slightly down to reveal the mark. She gasped "Is that a tattoo? That better not be a tattoo young lady!" she exclaimed in horror. At her expression, I burst into laughter. "Lauren calm down it's a mark that appeared when I tried to take the life of my mate! It shows that I have found my mate" I recalled, switching to my serious voice. She looked dumbfounded then shocked "I'm going to be an aunt! Wait did you just say you tried to kill him?!" She interrogated. "I have to go now if you'll excuse me!" I spurted before I turned and fled.

~End of memory~

I admit I had forgotten all about the conversation and now as I remembered it I laughed. "So I am still in hiding from Lauren!" I told her, after finishing recalling the story. Her face lightened before we fell about laughing together. "Well, no drama then! You couldn't provide your dear old friend here with some action!" she told me, sarcasm clear in her tone. "Come now I am taking you to the beach! That reminds me we should start to get dressed!" I speculated. She only laughed at my choice of words before she left heading to get changed. Standing up I shook myself off before grabbing my stuff. Beach here we come!