Chapter41~ girls day out

*Elizabeth's POV*

I was beyond mad. My hair was hideous, a mixture of black and poorly dyed red. Even though I was the victim I have to admit it was a genius plan on Clarity's behalf. I mean I didn't suspect a thing. I was just showering as normal and went to use the shampoo and I smelt something weird. I didn't think anything of it of course and just carried on. I found out when I emerged from the bathroom and I looked in the vanity mirror. It was hideous. My hair was a mix of poorly dyed red hair dye and my natural colour; black. I couldn't help it, I screamed. The noise was so loud it rocketed off the walls causing a slight tremor. I winced but this only drove my coursing anger running through my veins. I knew who had committed this prank and I suspected the reasoning why. Nevertheless I was still fuming. Driven by anger I didn't think and stormed out the door dressed only in a towel. I headed to where is suspected Clarity would be; the kitchen. The house was empty which normally I would have noticed if I wasn't on the war path. At first when I walked in the kitchen looked vacant but then I saw Clarity step out from behind the counter, a full blown grin dancing across her lips. I froze and growled, seeing her amusement. Not frightened in the least she commented "Oh my word, that's a unique style you're going for isn't it?" her smile turning up in the corners. My hands fisted as my inner wolf roared at her lack of respect but I had to remember she was my best friend, she was only joking. Controlling my rage I allowed my fist to turn a few different shades of red from embarrassment. As my temper cooled I realized my precarious attire and turned to rush back to the safety of my room. As the rounded the corner however, a firm grip on my towel, I slammed into a wide, hard packed chest. Thankfully the collision didn't knock my towel, which remained snugly curled around my petite frame.

A loud voice broke my escaping thoughts and I looked up to see Dylan. I mean the one time I actually don't want to see him he shows up? I have no talent with luck. My guard slipped slightly as his intoxicating smell surrounded me, but I quickly redrew my previous feelings of heartbreak and hurt at his hand. I pictured the horrific memory of him kissing that Britney girl. Feeling his lure drop I turned and walked away, with as much dignity as I could muster. However at the last moment Dylan reached out and grabbed my wrist, pulling me back. My guard fell up just as sparks erupted all over my body. It was sad really. My body wanted him and my mind didn't. It was like an internal war being fought and so far my head was losing. "Elizabeth we need to talk! I want to know why you're mad at me kitten. It's killing me. Please tell me!" he begged, his voice scratchy and desperate. With every strength and shield in my body I yanked my wrist free of his lightening grasp and quickly walked away, leaving him gaping at my retreating form. I didn't release the breath I'd been holding until I was safely locked in my room. It was unbelievable how I could fight for hours and be fine yet as soon as I was in the presence of Dylan for a couple of minutes I was exhausted. The mate bond wasn't supposed to be this hard...

~ An hour later~

It was strange how little things could bring friends together. After I had gotten ready for the girls day out, I headed down to the garage. The car ride to the mall was tense and silent. Although I knew it was a joke I was still mad at her, especially with her comment that I received when I hopped in the car. I had spotted Clarity in her red convertible or on her baby as she referred to it as, I approached her only to be confronted by her cheeky remark "This goes with your hair doesn't it?" I sputtered, nearly choking on my gum, before glaring at her. Since her words we haven't spoken but that all changed when our favourite song came on! We heard the first chords start up and we both burst into song unable to contain our wonderful voices (note the sarcasm) and by the end of the song we were best friends again. Our friendship was strange but rewarding all at once! The issue about the hair was soon forgotten apart for the occasional laugh about my reaction.
After all they say the best feeling of hurt is the pain of laughing with your best friends...