Chapter 31~ Injuries

*Lily's POV*

I watched Elizabeth as she backed the terrified wolf against a tree. Her hand inches away from his neck I'd never seen my sister so blinded and driven by rage and to be honest it scared me. It scared me to see her lose control like this. Without consent from my lips, I screamed "Stop! I order you to stand down now!" My voice came out raw and desperate. Her hand dropped and she turned to look at me. I gasped as I caught sight of her multiple injuries, not to mention her flashing eyes. The royal guard was much better than me at keeping their expressions neutral but even they struggled to contain their shock at seeing Elizabeth's eyes. They were a deep red which cast a dark shadow across her features and body. Her eyes connected with mine just before her eyes rolled back into her head and she fell onto the ground. I sprinted forward, rushing to catch her motionless body. She hit the ground before I could catch her and she hit it hard. Up close her injuries looked terrible and they looked inflamed. The next thing I know I was yanked backwards and thrown between multiple bodies, yelling surrounded me "Your majesty, stay between us! There are still threats around." Informed the closest guard. Now I trusted these men but I wasn't the main priority here, my sister was unprotected and dying "Someone get my sister to safety now!" I commanded. My loud voice rang out above the mixed sounds of fighting and growls and a group of four guards split from the group to go aid my sister. However, before they could make it there a booming growl sounded across the clearing. Dylan stood, his face angry and possessive causing several people to flinch. That was the gaze of the alpha for you.

Knowing Dylan would be angry and unstable due to my sister lying unconscious at the feet of my men, I pushed through my protective guard and ran to him. I laid my hand on his bicep cautiously as he spun around and growled. Even though I was his superior he would not hesitate to kill me if I even made one more move towards Elizabeth. The guards watched me carefully, knowing not to interfere, but tensed at his growl. I looked him straight in the eye and spoke only two words "Calm down!" my tone was clear and powerful and slowly his tense face relaxed but only slightly. Gripping his hand hard I led him over to my sister, watching him out of the corner of my eye at all times. It was like walking with a ticking time bomb. Any moment he could explode. Since my quick ascent to the throne, I hadn't had much time to interact with my people and I regretted it. I vowed once this situation was dealt with and my sister well again I would go on a royal tour. When we were mere paces from my sister I released him and stepped back. The mate bond was beautiful to watch and the connection those two shared, despite all their problems was amazing. Dylan looked at her with happiness, love and respect. He was the perfect man for her.

*Dylan's POV*

To see her there, sprawled out on the ground barely breathing shattered my heart. She was beautiful even with all her gashes and injuries. As soon as I'd seen her every thought went out my heard but now I held her in my arms rational thoughts came back; She was dying and I was just standing there? As carefully as I could I lifted her and stood up. Her sister watched on with happiness and joy. It was then that I noticed all the attacking wolves were dead apart from a few which were unconscious. "She did most of it, you know? We got here and she was like a killing machine!" Exclaimed one guy, pride in his voice. Seeing his admiration angered me and I growled, pulling her closer to me. Realizing his words he stepped back, his hands held up in surrender. Taking deep breathes I turned abruptly and ran away, towards the palace. As much as I didn't want to hurt the little angel I had to run to get her to the medic in time. Her pulse was weak and blood was spurting put for random cuts along her body. I would kill those who dared cause harm to my Liz. My feet pounded the dried ground as the palace neared. Guards were scouting, alert and ready. Having no hands to signal with I screamed "Help us! Go summon the doctor now!" The guards who were trained with supersonic hearing reacted instantly and sent out a page for the doctor. They rushed out to greet me and I resisted the urge to growl with so many males around. They crowded around asking questions "Is that the princess? How'd she get hurt? Is the queen safe?" I nodded at them all before shoving them aside and striding towards the golden gates. I caught sight of a huge wolf galloping my way and I grew uptight. He looked familiar and then I remembered; it was James. Easing slightly I hurried on, my pace growing ever and ever into a harder run. He met me halfway and changed. I was surprised when he changed back fully clothed, it was a rare gift some wolves had. Putting the thought aside to ask about later, I shouted at his slowing form "Lily's that way and she's unharmed!" without stopping he continued on. When I reached the looming gates I was greeted by the flustered doctor. Automatically he reached out to take Elizabeth but I refused, pulling her tighter into me. He shook his head and led me over to a small patch of grass. Before I could protest he ripped her shirt off and started on her wounds, his focus intent. I couldn't help myself, I looked her up and down but was caught off guard when I saw the deep wounds littering her stomach. It was amazing she had survived and stayed conscious that long; she must have given control to her wolf. Sickened I caught sight of a mishap rib breaking her skin. I inhaled sharply and focused instead in her soft hair. I trailed my fingers through her locks, humming a quiet lullaby to her. A groan interrupted her thoughts and the doctor squeaked "She mustn't wake up and see me! She's scared of blood and she'll throw up and then we will have issues! Distract her!" he pleaded. At his demanding words, I froze. Her eyes fluttered open and I wreaked my brain for a way to distract her. "Dylan, what's that strange feeling? Is that blood? Oh my god, I'm going to die, I'm going to die and..." she trailed off. In an instant attempt to distract her, I reacted without thinking and pressed my lips against her ruby red lips.