Chapter 38~ Sarcasm and redheads

*Elizabeth's POV*

Sleeping is important to me and anyone who disturbs that is dead.

The dinging of my alarm is what woke me up but that wasn't what made me mad. What made me mad was the fact that I had two boys snuggled up close to me, one either side. At first I panicked and almost freaked at the strange arm wrapped around my waist, but then I caught sight of my 'pillow'. My heart thudded dangerously in my chest and I tensed up. It was the twins. They lay contently on the messed up bed, snuggled up to my frozen form. The offending arm restricting me belonged to none other than Chase Matthews, the last person I wanted to face right now. I almost cried with frustration but then the events from last night returned and hit me like a brink. Mustering all the strength I had this early in the morning, I wiggled my way out of Chase arms. He groaned as his eyes fluttered open, to slowly allow light to enter. Annoyed at his intrusion to my bed I forcefully shoved him off the bed, letting him crash to the wooden floor. I swiftly maneuvered my body to face Mason, only to find him standing a few feet from me with his hands held up in surrender. I studied him for a few minutes debating the risk of tackling but I soon decided against it, he hadn't done anything wrong. That's when Chase spoke up "What the actual hell Liz? What was that for!" he exclaimed, rubbing his bruised head. I shrugged, smirking "One you in here without my permission and two I just felt like it!" I exclaimed, turning to head to my closet. Changing Into some black skinny jeans and a long sleeved red and white blouse I walked out. I grabbed my converses, beanie and denim jacket to finish off the outfit. I wanted to look good, I wanted to impress.

Thankfully the room was empty when I emerged and the bed had been made how thoughtful of them! I never made my bed so it didn't matter to me at all. After cleaning up but refining from makeup I grabbed my school bag and headed down stairs. Yep I said school. Break is now over and according to the doctor I'm fit and healthy to go to school. Distracted with my thoughts I stumbled blindly down the stairs nearly tumbling into my sister, who stood with her arms crossed. "Oh I didn't see you there sis! I was on my way to the sweet little school." I sarcastically told her. Although her face showed annoyance her eyes sparkled playfully for she knew of my hatred to school "Don't worry you will survive! I did!" She cackled. Shaking my head at her attempt to cheer me up I swiped an apple from the fruit basket as I walked into the foyer. Many people lived in the palace and these people had many children; these children now stood chattering in the large air conditioned room.

Now being a princess has perks but one of its many cons was that everywhere I went I attracted attention. All it took was one small soul to recognize me and then the silence spreads like wildfire. The only people who didn't cease their conversation was Clarity and Dylan. They seemed quite angry at one another and I hoped that I wasn't the cause. They continued talking for what felt like hours but was only a couple of minutes. They soon realized however that their voices rang out in the grand room and halted, looking around in confusion. Dylan's eyes caught mine first but he quickly turned and walked away. I admit it hurt but not enough to bring me down. I gritted my teeth but held my head up high. Clarity's eyes glanced over me at first but then jumped back to mine in a double take. A full blown teeth showing smile was thrown my way before Clarity charged at me, determination and excitement evident. She tackled me into a tight hug before stepping back allowing me to breathe "Honey you look gorgeous! Seriously you're have guys dropping at your feet literally!" She whispered. The room slowly returned to normal as people forgot about the awkward princess and her mad best friend. "Well sweetie I'm definitely going for that approach!" I replied arrogantly. Her eyes widened but then quickly narrowed into slits as she eyed me up and down "Oh sweetie you're growing up! Who knew you could look this good?" she teased, swishing her deep red hair out of her eyes. "If you only I was a redhead like you!" I puffed, faking sadness and disappointment. "Why do you want to be a redhead?" she frowned and creased her eyebrows. I shrugged looking down, knowing it would drive her insane. "No seriously what is wrong with being a redhead?" she asked, stamping her foot in frustration. I Grinned "Is that the bus I hear? We should go!" I told her, dragging her loosely by the wrist. She growled "What is so wrong? Why won't you tell me?" She screamed. Surprised that she'd given up so quickly I stopped "I'll tell you what being a redhead means! It means that I can be bold just like you! The only thing is that you have a low pain tolerance!" I announced "Like if I were tickling you for example you would give really easy!" I yelled, grasping her waist and tickling her. She squealed instantly and lunged at me. Knowing her fierce attitude I screamed and ran.

One thing kept repeating in my mind I was dead.