Chapter 44~ Pyjamas and popcorn

*Elizabeth's POV* 

Even though we were now driving up to the house, protected by the high gates, I still felt uneasy. I could tell clarity felt the same and together we worried more than mothers do sending their children off to war. Finally I saw the familiar guard house up ahead. Pulling up alongside, I leaned over smiling at the guard. Something you should know is that guards at the palace live with their families. The guard stationed at the guard house, goes by the name Darryl and he had two adorable kids. I used to babysit them when my parent were alive but ever since I haven't really stayed in contact. "Hey Darryl how have you been?! I haven't seen you around!" I called out, my voice sugary sweet. Surprised he looked up and grinned at my charming face. "Elizabeth long time no see, how's it been?! Now I suppose you girls need to get in right?" He replied, humor written on his face. I smiled, it had been a long time since someone asked me if I was okay and to be honest it felt nice. I nodded explaining where we'd been, obviously I didn't tell him about the man following us but I didn't need to. He must have read our faces because his next question heightened my already stable guard " Are you girls alright, you look flustered and panicked? Was it that guy I saw driving in the car behind?" Inquired Darryl loudly, drawing the attention of the eavesdropping guards. "Please don't ask why all I could offer as an answer is that I feel like I can trust him. I didn't feel any danger." I begged, clasping my hands together while giving Clarity a sideways look to inform her. Clarity glimpsed my look and relaxed slightly, falling into the role of my happy best friend. "Oh yeah it's someone we know.... It's the milkman!" She exclaimed, raising her finger in delight. I only groaned and sunk lower in my seat "She's not feeling the greatest right now and is quite delirious! Doesn't have a clue what she's saying really!" I lied.

A confused but faraway look crossed Clarity's face as she played her part exceedingly well. I turned quickly to an amused and chuckling Darryl "You can go through girls but be careful and if you have any worries consult your sister or me!" He phrased, activating the lever that allowed is in. Clarity waited till we were out of view from the guard house before screeching "Delirious really?!" She hissed as her face grew redder and redder with the strain. "Someone we know... The milkman!" I mimicked. There was Silence briefly before the two of us burst out into snickers. The gravel crunched under the tires as we pulled up. Grabbing our bags we turned the ignition off and headed inside. The heated room greeted as numbing skin as we laid down our bags upon the foyer floor. Lauren greeted us "Hey girls I have snacks and movies set up already to go in the theatre." She annoyed. Giddy I slipped behind her as she turned the doorknob on the blue door. I entered awe struck. The sofas were connected and spread out they acted like a double bed, the twinkling light above is heads lighting the way. The smell of popcorn and the glow of the media screen went hand in hand, creating a great atmosphere for movie watching. I plopped down in the pillow laden seat and waited eagerly as Lauren selected a well-known horror I'd been waiting to see for weeks. Clarity soon joined me, a drink in either hands. As the opening credits rolled on I realized I was most out of popcorn and the movie hadn't even started yet! This was going to be fun!

~Two films later~

I didn't know it was possible to scream so loud, so frequently and so pitched. The two films we'd watched were horrid although we didn't know the second one was a horror. The DVD had been misplaced which meant that the CD in the case was wrong. Now we were debating for what we would watch next.

Either horror or romance.

Lauren selected a relatively new film from our stack and inserted it in the DVD player. "Hey Lizzie do you want some more popcorn?! We're running low!" screamed Clarity. "Yeah let's go get some from the store while Lauren is getting everything set up!" I hollered in return. Clarity entered the clustered dining room, with a look of disbelief on her face "Girl I just want to say we're not exactly dressed! We're in a tank top and sleeping shorts! Not really normal clothing to go to the store in but oh well! Who cares, let's go!" She cheered. I saw Lauren chuckle at our weird conversation and smiled. As long as we stayed safe she was fine with whatever we do. Leaping up onto my unsteady legs I looped arms with my best friend, before we paraded out the door on our way to the shop in our pyjamas...