Chapter 48~Second Chance

*Elizabeth's POV*

I didn't believe a word that came out of her mouth. As Lily hastily explained her reasoning I listened in disbelief. Every word that exited her mouth carried a convincing tone, every word sparkled a passion in her. It was like she'd convinced herself that the murderer in front of her was really an innocent. As the last sentence tumbled off her lips I was bombarded by loud shouts in my mind.

Don't believe her, Lily she's been tricked. Somehow that man has influenced her just by twisting her vision to think clearly and implanting his own innocence as an idea into her head! Screamed a desperate and saddened Scarlet.

Shaken awake violently by scarlet's harsh, biting words I only nodded feebly in reply. I felt Clarity gently reach up and squeeze my hand in reassurance. I head Lily calling my name lightly from over the top of my muddled thoughts but her voice soon drifted away. It was only a slight movement of Lucas water that demanded my energy. Snapping my head up I spoke up "Look I don't know what lies this guy has fed you but he's the murderer of our parents and he should be sitting rotting in a cell right now!" I screamed. I could feel my fists tightening and my heartbeat increasing with every new pulse of anger. My words stunned Lily and her wounded face peered up at me "Don't you trust me?! I figure this out and I spent weeks testing the poison and it matches the traces of it that was recovered with the autopsy!" She exclaimed, her tone persistence. In response to her words I recoiled silently, reconsidering my accusations, but after several minutes I affirmed my decision. No matter any evidence that was just now come to light, I still didn't believe it. "Well if what you're saying is true then why wasn't this recorded and decided to be the cause of their death. Just because they found traces of poison within them doesn't mean that was what killed them." I retorted hastily. I thought my words would cause my sister to reconsider but the passionate look on her face said otherwise. "Look we obviously both have different views on this subject but can you at least put him into custody until we're agreed?" I appealed desperately. My sister's face creased but before she could even get a word in Clarity barked out "I think that's a reasonable idea and then you can both work on the case together!" I nodded pleased and turned eagerly to my sister. She looked slightly discontented but seeing as she really couldn't find a fault she gestured to the guards waiting outside. Attentive they hurried forward and restrained Lucas before leading him away. Taken as a silent cue to leave, I helped an alert Clarity to her feet before we slowly hobbled out. Midway to the door a thought ensnared my mind, during our entire conversation Lucas was completely silent. The memory unnerved me but I tossed it to the back of my brain, more focused on reality.

It was only about ten minutes until we arrived back at my lounge. One of the few perks of being a princess was having a suite just to myself. Since I'd been away for a few months Clarity had just moved in. We had made an almost nonverbal agreement when I returned that we would both stay together seeming as she practically spent every day herd anyway. I lounged upon the sofa for barely a minute before my doorbell rang. Annoyed I stumbled up and to the door, ready to yell at the person who dared intrude my sleep. I turned out however that I couldn't even muster the words because I took one look at the person at my door and slammed it shut. It was Dylan.

A low grunt could be heard as I walked away from him in satisfaction. Only seconds had passed before I heard the repeating thump of a fist against my doorframe. Choosing to ignore him I switched the TV on, turning it up to full volume. The fists were only patters comparing to the roaring noise occupying my brain so much that I wasn't aware of the suddenly halt of his fists. However I did notice the door to the suite being broken down.

That's something that's a little hard to miss. Wouldn't you say?

Automatically I killed the ear splitting noise and switched the TV off. I looked down in horror at the boy sprawled across my hardwood floor. Pushing himself to his feet I couldn't help but admire his fine smart clothes that were now dust stained and creased. They had certainly looked good and were obviously intended for someone special. Hopefully it wasn't me because I sure was impressed. Lost in my happy thoughts I didn't register his warm hand gently grasp my arm. The soft skin slipped over my skin like jelly and created a tingling feeling all over. Forcing the trance off me, I steadied myself before asking "Why did you break my door down? It was quite clear I didn't feel in the mood to give you my attention!" I screamed. At my words Dylan stepped back, as if my words had caused him physical pain. Guilt touched me but I quickly regarded it. "Look I'm sorry if that appeared rude but I'm having a stressful day so can you go please?" I begged. He stood motionless for a minute but then my words finally penetrated his poor protective walls and he spoke "I'm sorry for breaking your door I'll get it repaired. However I'd like it if I could talk to you?" He took my silence as permission before continuing "So I though over your words and you're right I have been rather arrogant and jealous since I've been here. I also know about my father but I promise you that no matter what his plans or intentions were I had no part in it and I never would hurt you or any of your family. Look even if he is guilty I won't turn my back on him before the verdict and after it, I would only do that if he threatened your life. Please I know there are complication in our relationship but can you give me a proper second chance?" He pleaded. I don't know if it was his loyalty or his sweetness that did it but I believed him. I could hear my wolf crying for joy as I spoke my next words "Okay you can have another chance but don't mess this up!" I relaxed. His grin widened and automatically he gripped my waist, pulling me in for a comfortable hug. Shocked I did what came naturally and hugged him back. To say it was wonderful would be a complete lie. The hug was magical. It was his last words that did it for me thought "Elizabeth Knight will you go on a date with me?"