Chapter 22~ School

*Elizabeth's POV*

The feeling of falling is indescribable. Your whole body is forced to wake up extremely quickly, leaving you disoriented and nauseous. The short fall ended when I landed upon the hardwood floors with a loud thump. The buzz of my alarm clock penetrated my skull and I began to fumble around, looking for the source of the dinging noise. Instead, I heard the laughter of the twins. Finally adjusting to the bright light my vision cleared and I saw my culprits holding my sheet. Smirking I stood up, allowing a sly grin to creep on my face. Their expression changed drastically as they saw my face. Abandoning their victory prize they fled. Pushing and shoving they stumbled down the stairs. Knowing I had time, I took advantage of their fear to change. My outfit consisted of white lace top and black skinny jeans along with my converses and leather jacket. Pleased and ready to go, I skipped down the stairs and into the dining room. Despite my early morning wake up there were still people up and eating, my sister and my mate included. As I entered everyone's eyes fell on me, now feeling slightly uncomfortable I quickly walked to my seat. I was conveniently positioned between the twins, who were grinning like madmen. I knew they were planning something. Just what exactly was it?

Breakfast passed with no complications except for the occasion snigger from Chase or Mason and the constant staring of Dylan, which I had grown used too. My sister made light conversation but she was caught away with her mate, those two were so in love. Watching them I felt a pang of longing but I pushed it away. Finished I grabbed my plate and took it to the deserted kitchen, I always finished faster than anyone else. The twins who didn't eat found me and we chatted, only breaking conversation to yawn. Since Lauren has dropped the bomb last night, we had been up late last night madly preparing for school the next day. I drowned their talk out and began creating theories about the couple I sat across from this morning. I did that whenever I was bored, make stories up about random people. The older man could have been her teacher in the university and she dated him abut they couldn't be with one another bec... My thinking was suddenly interrupted when a pair of cold fingers began to tickle me at the waist. Squealing, I tried to escape the tight embrace I was in. My weakness is tickling and everybody knew that. Kicking and thrashing, I wasn't aware of the other pair of fingers joining in the torture fest. Although the twins were vampires, we were pretty evenly matched in strength so together the three of us attacked one another. Our tickling war was sadly broken by a cough though, I looked up and saw none other than Dylan. He stared intently at me, his eyes showing a range of emotions before they hardened and he turned to the twins. "I warned you once, I'm not going to warn you again. Why have you got your hands on my girl?" He asked, his fists clenching and unclenching in rage. We just stood there, not moving an inch. Dylan seeing our hesitation to move apart, growled and took a menacing step forward. Instantly the twins dropped their playful altitude and stepped in front of me "You need to calm down and think this through before you hurt someone, meaning Lizzy!" They told him firmly. His eyes grew wide but hearing my name he relaxed his stance and stepped back. I smiled subconsciously for his small acceptance. That's when Lauren decided to enter.
Completely obvious to the thick tension in the air, she clapped her hands "Alright you guys need to get a move on if you want to get to school on time!" She shouted. Her happiness was contagious and I grew excited for my first day at school. Regardless of the subjects or the number of friends I made, if any, I knew I was in for some drama. Grabbing my full school bag I linked arms with the twins and headed out. Caught up in my excitement I reached out and grabbed Dylan's wrist, much to mine and his surprise. We exited the grand palace and I froze. In front of me was my car. Well, it wasn't actually my car but it was my dream one. A dark blue Aston Martin. I screamed with joy, causing several people to cover their ears. Racing up to the car, I slowly traced my hand on the dust-free bonnet. The car beeped and I looked around for the owner. Seeing the driver I frowned slightly. Dylan approached, dangling the keys in front of my face cockily. Brushing off his gesture I stuck my bottom lip out in a pout, closing my hands together begging. His eyes darkened as he watched my lips and as if he was hypnotized, he nodded. I cheered and opened the car, jumping in. The car ride was awkward and silent apart from the radio. Finally, we arrived at the school and I stepped out, looking around in wonder. The twins who had taken their jeep came up behind me and linked arms. Looking forward at my new school I smiled. Today would be great!!