Chapter 30~ Bloodlust

*Elizabeth's POV*

The logical thing to do would be to surrender but I wasn't in a logical mood. Even at my peak condition, I would struggle to take down a dozen wolves so you can imagine what went down right about now. My body went into defence mode, not caring about my injury. Wolves surged at me from all angles as I counteracted their attacks. The wolves were not ones I recognized which fueled my desperate attacks. They were a blur of colours ranging from brown to white. What surprised me was that they focused on me, the weaker threat, instead of Brittany. Knowing from previous encounters I knew not to get distracted. Staying on defence was tiring but I knew I would get beaten if I went on offence. As I blocked thoughts flickered in and out what if I could call out my sister? What if I ran? Would I get free? The chances of me getting out alive were very low but what other choice do I have? As you may have guessed by now I act without thinking and that's exactly what I did. I pushed the leaping wolves away with one strong shove and turned tail and run. My fatal mistake was turning my back on a pack of angry wolves. Clearly they had no respect and pride for me as they took the opportunity to strike a dirty trick. With my unguarded back in plain sight one wolf, the leader I guess sprung up and clawed at my back. That was the last straw. With power and strength, I never knew I had I spun around and growled the most frightening growl I'd ever given. My predatory senses kicked in and I locked my eyes on my target; the wolf that dared attack me when my back was turned. No matter the wolves that rushed at me I kept moving forward. The reversal of roles managed to halt some of the lesser wolves in their attacks but the older wolves knew they would be no reprisal for them and fought to the end. Despite multiple gushing wounds I kept stalking the now terrified wolf. His fur glinted with blood; my blood and that drove me nuts. Blood lust surged through me and I burst into a run, my eyes flashing dangerously. I was tired of being hunted like prey, now it was payback time. His guard of wolves quickly dropped in numbers as they submitted pleading for me to spare them. Ignoring them I carried on, my body restless. Then he hit a tree, and fear sparked in his eyes. He was scared of me as he should be. " Shift now!" I yelled. His body trembled as he changed. I wanted to see him in person when I killed him. I kept my eyes locked on his face. For once my wolf and I were in sync and agreement. We would kill him for challenging me. No one disrespected the ancient laws of fighting and messed with me. There was no voice that doubted me and together we lunged at his neck, determined to deliver the killing blow.

Just inches away from his exposed neck, a voice pierced the blood haze I was in. "Stop! I order you to stand down now!" I hesitated, there was only voice that could command me. That was my sister's. My body sagged in defeat and I opened my mouth to speak but suddenly I felt the most horrendous pain ever. My body convulsed and I let out an ear splitting scream as my dying body slammed into the ground.

*Dylan's POV*

When they told me she was missing I was mad. The news came to by the messenger who also informed me that I was to attend a meeting which would be held to discuss what to do. Queen's orders they said. Not that I wouldn't go anyway. When I heard the news I slammed the poor messenger boy hard up against the wall "What happened? Is there any trace of her? Why aren't we out there looking for her?" I hissed. He trembled "I don't know! I've just been ordered to by her majesty to tell you!" He cried. Frustrated I released him and walked off. Listening to the servants I quickly found out that my little kitten had been kidnapped when out running. It drove me mad to think that I hadn't been there to protect her. I reached desperately out to her via mind link only to return with no reply. Speeding walking through the empty halls I encounter lesser people as I grew closer to the queen private council room. My wolf, Xavier, was howling in distress for his mate and his extreme emotions reflected back on me. Voices drifted into range and I sped up, eager to contribute to the search for my mate but also angry that they were just sitting around talking. A page stood at the door but I swept past him, not waiting for him to announce me. The door's hinges squeaked as I entered. Everyone looked up at me but my eyes only met one; the queen and Liz's sister. I went straight to business not wanting to be questioned: "So what are your plans to get my mate back and why haven't you started your search?" I interrogated. She flinched slightly at my harsh tone "Well my advisers told me we had to discuss this against my judgment and I wanted to wait for you!" she told me, her voice regal and expressionless just like a queen's should be. "She's your sister you should be out there looking, with or without me and your advisers can suck it up!" I yelled, glaring at everyone else around her. "That is exactly what we are just discussing! I have had enough of this! Dylan is right, we leave in ten. Queen's orders, everyone is dismissed!" She ordered, her eyes challenging each and every one daring them to go against her. I've never seen her so furious and I was proud of our young queen. I smiled and nodded my head in gratefulness. Now it was time to find my little kitten and bring her home.